An Oil resistant work boot will also be slip-resistant and will help to provide better traction on oily or greasy floor surfaces where needed.
Oil-resistant work boots have a more durable outsole that does not absorb oil or liquids, and that will not be damaged by oils, or cause you to slip on them.
Oil Resistant and Slip Resistant Work Boots
So what is the difference between an Oil resistant and a Slip Resistant Work Boot?
- Oil Resistant Work Boots – Oil resistant work boots are much more durable and structured to prevent the negative effects of oil on your work boots. The tread has a lug high traction design to help protect you from slipping on oily surfaces.
- Slip Resistant Work Boots – A slip-resistant work boot is a work boot with an outsole designed to give you the best traction on uneven, slick, and even wet surfaces and to prevent you from slipping and falling.
- How do You Know Your Work Boot is Oil Resistant? – Most oil-resistant work boots have a distinct tread pattern with grooves. However, if they are oil-resistant, there will be a label on the shoe or on the sole that states that they are.
What Makes a Work Boot Oil Resistant
Oil resistance is basically the ability of your work boots’ rubber outsole to perform its intended purpose, even when in contact with oil.
Oils can weaken and swell the elastomers in the soles of regular work shoes to some extent.
The natural rubber has a tendency to absorb oil slowly, and the rubber will disintegrate.
The Elastomers in the sole of and oil resistant work boot absorb much less oil and rather resists the absorption, and thus will swell and increase less in volume without being damaged.
Features of a Good Oil Resistant Work Boot
- Uppers – The Uppers area durable leather with a moisture wicking lining.
- Comfort Features – There may be a foam or padded insole for comfort, and support features such as a heel cup or arch support.
- Safety Features – For safety the work boot may have a composite or steel toe, waterproofing, and be electrical hazard safe.
- Outsole – The outsole will have a improved rubber design for oil and slip resistance.
Reviews: The Best Oil Resistant Work Boots
The Following work boots ranges are excellent work boots that all have fully oil and slip-resistant outsoles;
- The work boots have a PU V-grip outsole that is oil, chemical, and abrasion-resistant, which means the outsole will not absorb or be damaged by oils and chemicals, and you have more reliable slip resistance.
- The Irish setter Ely is a top favorite when it comes to oil-resistant safety work boots.
- The Ely has 6 inches of full-grain brown leather uppers, with antique brass hardware and UltraDry Tricot lining interior.
- They are fully waterproof and have a steel protective toe for your safety.
- The work boot has a removable polyurethane footbed for cushioning and comfort and a molded heel-counter fur stability.
- There is a non-metallic shank for stability and underfoot protection.
- The Wolverine Overpass is a Composite toe work boot that is oil resistant.
- The composite safety toe still provides ample toe protection but is much more lightweight and safe for use through security gates.
- The work boots are 100% leather with a moisture-wicking textile lining.
- It has a flexible athletic contour welt construction design that easily moves with you.
- The work boot has an abrasion-resistant toe and is fully waterproof.
- There is a slip, oil and water-resistant, durable rubber outsole.
- Furthermore, the boot has an ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH safe composite toe.
- The Timberland Pro Pitboss is an industrial safety work boot with a steel toe and oil-resistant outsole.
- The work boot has genuine leather uppers with a breathable moisture-wicking lining.
- They are durable with Goodyear Welt construction and mechanical bonds.
- The work boots have PRO 24/7 Comfort Suspension technology, which is a unique comfort and cushioning system for rigorous work environments.
- There is a durable rubber outsole that is oil and slip-resistant.
- The Ariat Groundbreaker is a comfortable Western Style work boot that features an oil-resistant rubber outsole.
- The boot is a leather western-style Cowboy work boot with a square wide and roomy toe that is non-safety.
- It has leather and suede uppers and an elegant design.
- The 90-degree heel allows you added support.
- The Duratread rubber outsole is oil and slip-resistant for excellent traction on all terrains.
- The work boot has an insole with 4LR cushioning that is a high rebound cushioning system for maximum shock absorbency.
- The Carhartt Energy is a well-cushioned and energizing work boot that is also oil resistant.
- It has leather uppers with Storm defender waterproof and breathable uppers for full protection and waterproofing.
- The work boot is electrical hazard safe and meets ASTM 2413-11 EH standards.
- It has an EVA midsole and dual foam insole for comfort and cushioning.
- There is a molded toe bumper and abrasion-resistant rubber heel.
- The outsole us and abrasion-resistant, oil, and slip-resistant rubber.
- Furthermore, there is a composite safety toe that is lightweight and durable.
- From Georgia Boot, we have a Pull-on wellington style work boot with an oil-resistant outsole.
- The work boot is perfect for ranch and farm work, warehouse and factory work, as well as construction work.
- It has a comfortable, relaxed fit and an easy pull-on and off design.
- The uppers are leather, and there is a durable oil and slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- The boots have a steel protective and stability shank and a comfortable footbed.
- From Everboots, we have the UltraDry waterproof work boots with an oil-resistant outsole.
- The work boots have 1005 leather uppers with full waterproofing and an insulating lining to keep your feet dry and warm.
- They are break-in free with soft leather and a comfortable fit.
- The work boots are very lightweight and have a cushioning removable PU insole.
- The outsole is slip-resistant on wet and dry surfaces, as well as oil-resistant.
- For the ladies, we have the Timberland Pro Titan work boot that has an oil-resistant outsole.
- The work boots are 100% leather with 360 degrees of lightweight comfort technology.
- There is a PU midsole for cushioning, and the soft leather requires no break-in time.
- Inside is moisture channeling spacer-mesh and anti-microbial treatment.
- There is a Nylon diffusion shank for stability, and a contoured Ortholite cushioned footbed for comfort and cushioning.
- The Dryz® Intellitemp™ X-Static® combined technology provides superior temperature regulation and moisture management.
- The work boots have a durable rubber outsole that is oil and slip-resistant.
Index Table: Top Rated Oil Resistant Work Boots
|1||Irish Setter Men's Ely - Oil Resistant Work Boots||Irish Setter||98.1|
|2||Wolverine Men's Overpass - Work Boot for Oily Floors||Wolverine||98|
|3||Timberland Pro Men's Pit Boss - Work Boot for Oily Surfaces||Timberland Pro||97.8|
|4||Ariat Men's Groundbreaker - Oil Resistant Square Toe Work Boots||Ariat||97|
|5||Carhartt Men's Energy - Oil Resistant Work Boot||Carhartt||97|
|6||Georgia Men's Homeland - Durable Wellington Work Boots with Oil Resistant Sole||Georgia||97.4|
|7||Ever Boots Men's Ultra Dry - Oil and Slip Resistant Work Boots||Ever Boots||96.4|
|8||Timberland Pro Women's Titan - Work Boots with Oil resistant Outsole||Timberland Pro||97|
Table of Contents
- Oil Resistant and Slip Resistant Work Boots
- What Makes a Work Boot Oil Resistant
- Features of a Good Oil Resistant Work Boot
- Reviews: The Best Oil Resistant Work Boots
- Irish Setter® Men's Ely Oil Resistant Work Boots
- Wolverine® Men's Overpass Work Boot for Oily Floors
- Timberland Pro® Men's Pit Boss Work Boot for Oily Surfaces
- Ariat® Men's Groundbreaker Oil Resistant Square Toe Work Boots
- Carhartt® Men's Energy Oil Resistant Work Boot
- Georgia® Men's Homeland Durable Wellington Work Boots with Oil Resistant Sole
- Ever Boots® Men's Ultra Dry Oil and Slip Resistant Work Boots
- Timberland Pro® Women's Titan Work Boots with Oil resistant Outsole
- Index Table: Top Rated Oil Resistant Work Boots