Roofing construction work is a very hazardous and high-risk occupation that requires the best roofing construction work boots for protection against these hazards.
One of the most dangerous and prevalent hazards in Roofing work is slips and falls.
This said, you need to look for a Roofing construction work boot that first and foremost provides the best grip for working on a rooftop at different and steep angles.
This article will discuss some of the best available roofing work boots and their unique structures.
Some Roofing Construction Work Hazards To Consider
Before we get into the best roofing work boots, let us first take a look at some of the main hazards faced by roof construction workers;
- Slippery Surfaces – Whether it’s from wet weather conditions or just a generally slippery roof, slipping and falling is your main concern and most dangerous concern.
- Tripping Hazards – Tools, equipment, loose tiles, and any other objects in your way can fast become a tripping hazard.
- Weather Conditions – When you are on top of a roof, cold will worsen, heat will strike you from right above, and strong winds may cause you to lose your balance. So it is always important to take these concerns into account when choosing roofing work boots.
- Electrical Hazards – You may be required to work with electrical equipment or electricity on the roof, which in turn increases your risk of experiencing an electrical shock.
- Ergonomics – Roofing Construction work is uncomfortable, and you are usually in an uncomfortable standing position that takes a strain on your feet and body alike.
Choosing the Best Roofing Construction Work Boot
It is important to consider all the above-mentioned risks and hazards when selecting the best Roofing work Boot.
Here are a few characteristics to keep in mind;
- Durability – The Sole and uppers of the work boot need to be durable enough for this demanding occupation. Leather for the uppers and rubber for the sole is always the best option.
- Safety – Safety characteristics are key, and for roofing, you need a good lug and slip-resistant outsole, first and foremost. Other than that, a protective toe and electrical hazard-safe materials are ideal.
- Comfort – Comfort is also important if you are on your feet all day, so some cushioning and good arch support and stability features are quite necessary.
- Lightweight – A heavy work boot is never ideal on a roof, so look for something lightweight and also with materials that breathe well so that your feet do not overheat and become sweaty.
Features of a Good Roofing Construction Work Boots
- Uppers – Look for leather uppers or mesh and leather uppers that breathe well and have a moisture wicking lining to keep your feet dry and cool.
- Insulation – Insulated Roofing Work boots are only ideal if your work in extreme cold conditions.
- Safety Features – The most important safety feature is an oil and slip-resistant lug rubber outsole. Other than that, electrical hazard safe materials, protective steel, composite, or alloy toe, and chemical resistance may likewise be required.
- Comfort Features – Good stability features and arch support, and a firm heel counter is ideal because you need balance and stability. Cushioning provides good shock absorbency and comfort.
- Outsole – Look for a slip resistant rubber outsole with a lug and high grip tread.
Reviews: The Best Roofing Construction Work Boots
These are our topmost sought after safe, and reliable Roofing work boots from different quality brands;
A tough and durable work boot for Roof work from Thorogood.
- The Upper is durable leather, and there are five different color options available.
- The boot has a wedge sole that is oil and slip-resistant,
- Inside the shoe is a cotton dry vamp lining for comfort and a removable dual-density shock-absorbing insole and footbed on Poron.
- The Wedge sole is single-density MAXwear.
The Timberland PRO Barlow wedge work boot has the perfect design and features, making it an ideal roofing work boot.
- The shoe is 100% leather with a durable rubber outsole.
- The rubber outsole is slip, oil, and abrasion-resistant with a lug tread.
- There is a Moc toe design and speed lacing system.
- These work boots are electrical hazards sage and have a wedge design sole ideal for roofing.
- Inside is a dual-density anti-fatigue technology comfort system.
The Rhino work boot is safety approved and has a rugged rubber outsole for slip resistance on rooftops.
- These are steel-toe safety work boots for roofing.
- They have a durable, slip, and oil-resistant rubber outsole.
- The tongue and collar are padded for more comfort,
- They are electrical hazard safe, and EH approved.
- The uppers are genuine smooth leather.
The Wolverine Moc Toe design leather work boot has a crepe wedge-style sole for roofing work.
- The Wolverine work boot has a wedge design sole of Crepe with a lug pattern for slip resistance on rooftops.
- The uppers are genuine leather, and there are wider widths available.
- The collar is padded for an ankle-supportive snug fit.
- You can choose from three available color selections.
The Red Wing Heritage features high traction and cushioning Wedge outsole that is ideal for roofing work.
- These are leather work boots available in many color options.
- They have a Traction Tred technology cushioned crepe wedge outsole for roofing.
- Inside is a comfortable padded footbed and moisture-wicking lining.
- The eyelets are nickel and durable with a fast lace-up system.
A comfortable slip-resistant and waterproof work boot for roofing from Wolverine, a top brand in work boots.
- Here we have a roofing work boot with a Composite lightweight, protective toe.
- The uppers are leather with a smooth textile lining,
- The contour welt construction is more flexible and bends and flexes with you.
- There is a removable Ortholite cushioning footbed for comfort and support,
- The outsole is oil, chemicals, abrasion and water-resistant, and slip-resistant.
- The composite toe is ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH rated.
The Timberland PRO Boondock has a deeper lug outsole making it ideal for Roofing Work.
- The uppers consist of genuine oiled distressed leather with an Ever-Guard waterproof lining.
- The anti-fatigue technology comfort system keeps you energized and prevents foot fatigue.
- The rubber outsole is oil, slip, and abrasion-resistant and ideal for working on rooftops.
- The Outsole features TOPU construction with deeper lugs for traction and slips resistance.
The Keen Milwaukee is a wide-width roofing work boot for individuals with a wider foot.
- This is your best option for wider width feet and extended size options in a roofing work boot.
- They have fully waterproof leather uppers.
- The outsole is a durable and anti-slip rubber.
- There is a steel protective toe for impact protection.
The Danner Bull Run has a slip-resistant wedge sole for roof work and a steel protective shank.
- These are genuine leather work boots for roofing.
- The wedge design sole is oil, slip, and abrasion-resistant as well as non-marking.
- They are electrical hazard-safe ASTM F2892-11 EH-rated work boots.
- Inside are an Ortholite comfort-cushioned footbed and a steel shank fr underfoot protection.
A comfortable and electrical hazard-safe work boot for electricians from Thorogood is the Gen Flex.
- The Gen-Flex2 has flexibility technology in the outsole that bends and flexes easily, ideal for roof work.
- There are a durable and slip-resistant rubber outsole and leather uppers with Storm Welt Construction for water resistance.
- For comfort, it has a removable single-density polyurethane footbed, and EVA flex cushioned insole.
- The toe is composite for EH safe and lightweight protection.
Index Table: Top Rated Roofing Construction Work Boots
|1||Thorogood Men's American Heritage - Wedge Sole Roofing Construction Work Boots||Thorogood||98.4|
|2||Timberland PRO Men's Barstow - Wedge Sole Roofing Construction Work Boots||Timberland PRO||98.2|
|3||Rhino Men's Safety - Steel Toe Roofing Construction Work Boots||Rhino||97.9|
|4||Wolverine Men's - Roofing Construction Work Boots||Wolverine||97|
|5||Red Wing Men's Heritage - Classic Roofing Construction Work Boots||Red Wing||97.2|
|6||Wolverine Men's Overpass - Composite Toe Roofing Construction Work Boots||Wolverine||97.5|
|7||Timberland PRO Men's Boondock - Roofing Construction Work Boot||Timberland PRO||97.2|
|8||Keen Utility Men's Milwaukee - Wide Fit Roofing Construction Work Boot||Keen Utility||97.2|
|9||Danner Men's Bull Run - Roofing Construction Work Boot||Danner||96.9|
|10||Thorogood Men's - Composite Toe Roofing Construction Work Boots||Thorogood||97.7|
Table of Contents
- Some Roofing Construction Work Hazards To Consider
- Choosing the Best Roofing Construction Work Boot
- Features of a Good Roofing Construction Work Boots
- Reviews: The Best Roofing Construction Work Boots
- Thorogood® Men's American Heritage Wedge Sole Roofing Construction Work Boots
- Timberland PRO® Men's Barstow Wedge Sole Roofing Construction Work Boots
- Rhino® Men's Safety Steel Toe Roofing Construction Work Boots
- Wolverine® Men's Roofing Construction Work Boots
- Red Wing® Men's Heritage Classic Roofing Construction Work Boots
- Wolverine® Men's Overpass Composite Toe Roofing Construction Work Boots
- Timberland PRO® Men's Boondock Roofing Construction Work Boot
- Keen Utility® Men's Milwaukee Wide Fit Roofing Construction Work Boot
- Danner® Men's Bull Run Roofing Construction Work Boot
- Thorogood® Men's Composite Toe Roofing Construction Work Boots
- Index Table: Top Rated Roofing Construction Work Boots