All carpenters know exactly what it is to work hard, having your hands busy all day, and being on and off your feet all the time.
Carpenters carry around heavyweights and have quit dangerous work environments and therefore need the best work boots for carpentry work.
Why You Need a Good Work Boot for Carpentry Work
There are three main reasons why you will need proper work boots for carpentry work;
- Heavy Falling Objects – Most of the injuries in carpentry work occur as the result of heavy machinery, and heavy materials or tools falling on their feet while working. This can lead to crushed toes and metatarsal bones which could end up being quite severe. Therefore carpenters need excellent toe protection from their work boots.
- Puncture Risks – In carpentry work there are also usually sharp tools, objects, and wood chips laying around which could result in a puncture hazard. Anything from screws, nails, and pieces of hardwood can easily puncture the sole of a shoe and your feet. It would be wise to opt for work boots with a puncture plate, or at least a thick rubber outsole.
- Slippery Surfaces – the dust from wood can create a very slippery environment on a hard floor which may lead to a slip and fall. I would recommend a work boot with a lug rubber outsole that can handle generally slippery surfaces.
Choosing Good Carpentry Work Boots
- Protective Toe – Firstly, because of the falling object and compression risks due to heavy materials and machinery your priority in a carpentry work boot is a safety toe. A steel safety toe offers the most protection but is not the most comfortable and light. Composite and alloy protective toes offer less protection but are more lightweight and comfortable.
- Comfort Features – Obviously comfort is key when it comes to carpentry work boots or any work boots for that matter. You want to be comfortable on your feet all day without suffering foot fatigue and ache, or pains at the end of the day. This is why comfort features such as cushioning and proper support are ideal. Along with a moisture-wicking lining and a comfortable fit you are all set.
- Good Durable Quality – all in all, carpentry work will take its toll on your work boots, so you do want a good quality and durable boot, especially if you find something that you particularly like. Look for good-quality leather work boots with durable construction and a durable rubber outsole for long-lasting performance.
Features of a Good Work Boot for Carpenters
- Uppers – Look for good quality work boots with leather uppers and construction methods such as Goodyear Welt or Cement. A smooth interior lining will provide comfort and wick away moisture.
- Comfort Features – Underfoot comfort is vital. You will need a comfortable cushioned insole and a shock-absorbing midsole such as EVA or foam. Other more advanced technologies may also be used to prevent foot fatigue and provide good shock absorbency and cushioning.
- Safety Features – Mainly you will need a composite or steel toe, and a metatarsal guard can also be quite handy. Other safety features include waterproofing, Slip resistance, and electrical hazard safety. Puncture resistance such as a steel or composite shank, or even just a very thick rubber outsole is also ideal, in the event that you may step on a sharp object that can puncture your shoe, and injure your feet.
- Outsole – Look for a work boot with a more lug rubber outsole design that offers good slip resistance, or slip and oil resistance. A wedge sole design could be quite comfortable for this line of work. Thicker rubber outsoles likewise provide better shock absorbency and protection against puncture hazards.
Reviews: The Best Work Boots for Carpenters
In our review section we have lined up some of your best choices in carpentry work Boots;
- The Thorogood American Heritage is a comfortable and safe Carpentry work boot.
- The workboat has a very comfortable MAXWear wedge, slip-resistant outsole, and removable Ultimate shock-absorbing footbed, on Pororn, with a cushioned insole.
- The uppers are genuine leather and the sole is a durable Vibram Rubber.
- The work boots likewise feature a fiberglass shank and a steel safety toe for your protection.
- The Justin Original Work Boot is 100% leather with a square steel protective toe.
- It has a J-Flex flexible sole and rubber outsole, with a steel shank for stability and underfoot protection.
- Furthermore, the workboat has a comfortable cushioned insole and durable rubber outsole.
- The Square design sole looks elegant and sophisticated on the work boot.
- The Ariat Sierra is a Pull-on work boot with a wide and roomy square toe and Composite Shank.
- This is a soft-toe work boot for lighter tasks where you just need something comfortable on your feet.
- The work boot has durable leather uppers and a slip, and oil-resistant, rubber outsole.
- It has ATS Advanced Torque Stability technology and a composite underfoot shank for stability and protection.
- The materials are electrical hazard safe for working with electrical equipment.
- Another excellent addition from Ariat is their Waterproof and steel toe work boot for carpentry work.
- The pull-on and closed leather design keep your feet safe from dust and debris.
- The steel toe and waterproof Pro Construction leather uppers are ideal for carpentry work.
- There is also an oil in slip-resistant, durable rubber outsole.
- Inside is and all day cushioning insole, and moisture-wicking mesh lining, for your comfort.
- The Thorogood Work Boot is a safety toe static dissipative work boot for carpentry work.
- It has full grain leather uppers and an athletic slip-resistant polyurethane outsole.
- There is a composite shank for underfoot protection and a composite safety toe.
- The work boot has a removable SD polyurethane footbed and Visible gel system for comfort,
- It is very durable with cement construction.
- The Justin original Wyoming is a steel toe and waterproof work boot for carpentry work.
- It has 100% genuine leather uppers and a synthetic moisture wicking lining,
- The Wyoming has a lace-up closure and a regular 6-inch shaft.
- The steel toe is highly protective and the sole has a J-Flex system.
- There is also a comfortable cushioned insole.
Index Table: Top Rated Work Boots for Carpenters
|1||Thorogood Men's American Heritage 8 Inch - Carpentry Work Boots||Thorogood||98.5|
|2||Justin Men's Stampede - Steel Toe Carpenter’s Work Boots||Justin||98.|
|3||Ariat Men's Sierra - Wide Toe Carpenters Work Boots||Ariat||97.4|
|4||Ariat Men's Treadfast - Carpentry Work Boots||Ariat||97.5|
|5||Thorogood Men's VGS-300 - Slip Resistant Carpenter’s Work Boots||Thorogood||97.4|
|6||Justin Men's Wyoming - Carpentry Work Boots||Justin||97.6|
Table of Contents
- Why You Need a Good Work Boot for Carpentry Work
- Choosing Good Carpentry Work Boots
- Features of a Good Work Boot for Carpenters
- Reviews: The Best Work Boots for Carpenters
- Thorogood® Men's American Heritage 8 Inch Carpentry Work Boots
- Justin® Men's Stampede Steel Toe Carpenter’s Work Boots
- Ariat® Men's Sierra Wide Toe Carpenters Work Boots
- Ariat® Men's Treadfast Carpentry Work Boots
- Thorogood® Men's VGS-300 Slip Resistant Carpenter’s Work Boots
- Justin® Men's Wyoming Carpentry Work Boots
- Index Table: Top Rated Work Boots for Carpenters