When purchasing work boots, it is important to consider your work environment and the risks involved to conclude what you need in a work boot.
Most regulations require that you wear a steel-toe safety work boot. However, a steel toe is quite heavy and has limitations.
The Composite toe work boot will have a lightweight composite toe rather than a steel or alloy toe; along with that, there will be waterproof treated leather uppers or a waterproof membrane such as Gore-Tex, which is also the most breathable waterproof lining.
If you need a lightweight work boot that still offers toe protection and waterproofing, you could consider a waterproof composite toe work boot.
Characteristics of a Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boot
A work boot with a composite toe has a protective safety toe cap comprising non-metallic materials.
The composite toe can consist of Kevlar, carbon, fiber plastic, or fiberglass. The composite toe is ideal for being electrical hazard safe, not sounding off security alarms, and much more lightweight.
Waterproofing means that the leather is treated, or a waterproof membrane such as Gore-Tex makes the work boot waterproof.
Steel Vs Composite Toe Work Boots
When it comes to comparing a steel and Composite toe work boot, they both have their pros and cons;
- Steel Toe – The Steel toe work boot is usually industry standard by law or your company requirements, so always ensure this. A steel toe provides the maximum protection against heavy falling objects, machinery that may crush your toes, and other impacts. The steel toe offers the highest level of protection, though it can be heavy and may set off security alarms when you work at an airport or security gate.
- Composite Toe – The Composite safety toe is non-metallic and can consist of various hard and durable materials. A composite toe offers very good protection against impacts. However not as good as a steel toe. The composite is lightweight, does not retain heat or cold, is electrical hazard safe, and will not set off security alarms.
Features of a Good Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boot
- Uppers – The uppers of a waterproof work boot will usually be a durable full-grain leather with a waterproof membrane such as Gore-Tex. The leather may be treated to be waterproof, offering full protection.
- Safety Features – This article specifically concentrates on a Composite safety toe rather than steel or alloy safety toes. The work boot will likewise be electrical hazard safe because of the composite safety toe.
- Comfort Features – Comfort features include a cushioned footbed, shock-absorbing midsole, good arch support, and an underfoot shank for stability and puncture resistance.
- Options – Waterproof Composite toe work boots are available in plenty of sizes, and some offer wider width options and more color selections.
- Outsole – The outsole should offer good slip resistance with a lug rubber tread.
Reviews: The Best Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots
Below are some of our top favorite waterproof work boots that have a Composite safety toe;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- The Timberland Pro Boondock is a durable waterproof, composite toe work boot.
- The work boot has genuine leather uppers and is available in a few more neutral colors.
- The work boots are reinforced and have Ever-Guard waterproof leather, which makes them fully waterproof, along with the much more lightweight composite material toe caps.
- The lug rubber outsole is slip, oil, and abrasion resistance.
- There is a comfortable and supportive footbed for all-day comfort.
- Furthermore, the work boot has a composite, lightweight safety toe.
- The Wolverine Bandit is a composite toe workboat that is fully waterproof.
- The work boot has fully waterproof leather uppers.
- There is a lightweight and durable composite safety toe.
- The work boot features a Multishock comfort system to absorb shock.
- It has contour welt construction for better flexibility.
- The Carhartt Energy work boot has a composite safety toe and is fully waterproof.
- It comprises 100% durable leather with a Storm defender breathable waterproof membrane.
- The work boot is electrical hazard safe and meets ASTM 2413-11 EH standards.
- The composite safety toe provides good impact protection and is much more lightweight.
- The advanced fit footbed is designed to fit perfectly ad support the form of your feet, reducing slip and fatigue.
- The outsole is chemical, oil, abrasion, and slip-resistant.
- The Wolverine Overpass is a composite toe waterproof work boot.
- The workboat has leather and textile uppers, waterproof premium leather and an abrasion-resistant toe.
- There is a comfortable Ortholite cushioned footbed for all-day comfort.
- The outsole is water, abrasion, oil, and slip-resistant rubber.
- The Composite toe meets ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH standards.
- The keen Utility Philadelphia is a pull-on work boot with a composite toe and full waterproofing.
- The work boot has a longer shaft with waterproof leather uppers.
- The waterproof Keen dry membrane is breathable and durable.
- There is a flexible woven underfoot shank for protection, and the work boot is electrical hazard safe.
- The Non-metallic composite safety toe is ideal for passing through metal detectors.
- The teste outsole is a durable non-slip rubber.
- The Carhartt Logger work boot is fully waterproof with a durable composite toe.
- The work boot has a logger design, a lug rubber outsole, and a slight heel.
- There are Crazy Horse oil-tanned leather uppers with a waterproof membrane.
- The PU Strobel pad and PU cushioned insole provide cushioning and stability.
- The TPU molded heel stabilizes your ankles.
- The Keen Utility Cincinnati is a waterproof work boot with a composite toe and a wedge sole.
- The workboat has leather and textile uppers with a Keen Dry, breathable waterproof membrane.
- It meets and exceeds ASTM F2412 and F2413 EH standards for electrical hazard safety.
- The work boot has an air-infused comfort midsole and pillow-top cushioning to fight off foot fatigue.
- The outsole is a high traction slip and oil-resistant rubber.
- Constructed using Goodyear welt construction methods for durability.
- The Lady rebel from Durango is a Western Style waterproof and composite toe work boot for ladies.
- The work boot comes with decorated western-style and full-grain leather uppers that are fully waterproof.
- There is a contoured, ventilated, removable, cushioned footbed for comfort and support.
- The shank area is rolled for support, and the rubber outsole is slip and oil resistant with a dual-density for abrasion resistance.
- Inside is a soft mesh lining to keep your feet dry and cool.
- The compressional toe provides lightweight protection against impacts.
Index Table: Top Rated Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots
|1||Timberland Pro Men's Boondock - Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots||Timberland Pro||98|
|2||Wolverine Men's Bandit - Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots||Wolverine||97.8|
|3||Carhartt Men's Energy - Oil Resistant Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots||Carhartt||97|
|4||Wolverine Men's Overpass - Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots for Heavy Guys||Wolverine||97.8|
|5||Keen Utility Men's Philadelphia - Wellington Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots||Keen Utility||97.6|
|6||Carhartt Men's CML8369 - Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots Linemen||Carhartt||97.5|
|7||Keen Men's Cincinnati 6 Inch - Wedge Sole Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots||Keen||97.7|
|8||Durango Women's Lady Rebel - Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boot||Durango||97.8|
Table of Contents
- Characteristics of a Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boot
- Steel Vs Composite Toe Work Boots
- Features of a Good Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boot
- Reviews: The Best Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots
- Timberland Pro® Men's Boondock Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots
- Wolverine® Men's Bandit Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots
- Carhartt® Men's Energy Oil Resistant Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots
- Wolverine® Men's Overpass Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots for Heavy Guys
- Keen Utility® Men's Philadelphia Wellington Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots
- Carhartt® Men's CML8369 Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots Linemen
- Keen® Men's Cincinnati 6 Inch Wedge Sole Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots
- Durango® Women's Lady Rebel Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boot
- Index Table: Top Rated Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots