Working in wet weather or w wet work environment means you will need the best waterproof work boots. Especially as a woman, you do not want your feet wet and uncomfortable throughout an entire day on the job.
The Waterproof boots will be reviewed. All come with a waterproof membrane such as Gore-Tex that is highly breathable or treated with a full waterproof treatment on the leather. For women specifically, the work boots are designed on a specialized last that is more similar in shape to a woman’s foot, as women’s feet may be more narrow and require more comfort features.
Waterproof work boots are better to have than not in any event where a downpour or wetness is involved.
Table of Contents
- What Makes Waterproof work Boots waterproof
- Benefits of a Waterproof Work Boot
- Features of a Good Waterproof Work Boot for Women
- Reviews: The Best Waterproof Work Boots for Women
- Columbia® Women's Newton Ridge Waterproof Work Boot
- Timberland® Women's White Ledge Waterproof Work Boot
- Keen® Women's Cincinnati 8 Inch Soft Toe Waterproof Work Boot
- Ariat® Women's Terrain Pull On Waterproof Work Boot
- Timberland Pro® Women's Direct Attach Steel Toe Waterproof Work Boot
- Safety Girl® Women's Pink Steel Toe Waterproof Work Boot
- Durango® Women's Lady Rebel Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boot
- Wolverine® Women's Floorhand Steel Toe waterproof Work Boots
- Index Table: Top Rated Waterproof Work Boots for Women
What Makes Waterproof work Boots waterproof
Typically any work environment, when you come into contact with liquids, not just rain and water, such as snow, melted water, steam, and mixes of chemicals, oils, and other liquids, means that you will need a waterproof work boot.
A work boot is labeled waterproof because it provides the highest protection against most liquids. Waterproof work boots do exactly what they say. They keep water out and are completely leakproof.
A treated leather or waterproof membrane may be used for waterproofing. Gore-Tex is one of the best and most well-known waterproofing methods for work boots, as it is breathable and waterproof.
Benefits of a Waterproof Work Boot
There are a few work conditions and environments where waterproof work boots are quite ideal;
- Outdoor Work – Any outdoor work, such as logging or construction, needs a good waterproof work boot. You may never know what wet environments or weather conditions lay ahead for you.
- Ice and Snow – Anyone working in ice and snow conditions will need a waterproof work boot. The melted ice and snow will seep through your boots and cause frostbite.
- Cold Weather – Cold weather work boots generally are waterproof as most are aimed at snow or icy conditions. Having cold and wet feet is one of the worst combinations.
- Chemical Plants – In chemical plants and similar work environments where you work with any form of liquids, you will need a fully waterproof work boot.
Features of a Good Waterproof Work Boot for Women
- Uppers – The uppers will be a waterproof treated leather, or leather with a waterproof membrane such as Gore-Tex
- Cushioning – Some work boot models have comfortable foam cushioning or a supportive footbed.
- Safety – The work boot may have a steel or composite safety toe. Some work boots are also electrical hazard safe. The work boot will be fully waterproof.
- Outsole – Rubber is the best choice for an outsole. The outsole will also have a slip-resistant tread.
- Options – Some shoe models offer color and width options, while most only have more sizes.
Reviews: The Best Waterproof Work Boots for Women
As you will see from our list, these are all comfortable and protective work boots for women, with excellent waterproofing;
- The Columbia Newton Ridge is the perfect waterproof work boot for ladies.
- It has a traction Omni-Grip slip-resistant rubber outsole that is ideal on various surfaces.
- The work boot is a hiking-style work boot that is durable and waterproof.
- The leather uppers have a fully waterproof membrane that will prevent liquids from entering your boots but still allows sweat to evaporate and the shoe to breathe.
- There is a lightweight Techlite midsole for comfort and soft leather uppers.
- More colors and widths are available.
- The Timberland White Ledge is a Hiking style waterproof work boot for women.
- The work boot has leather and textile uppers for belief and a shock-absorbing cushioned footbed.
- The rubber outsole is durable and slip-resistant.
- It is a comfortable mid-ankle length and is available in more colors.
- The Keen Utility Cincinnati is a soft-toe, wedge sole, waterproof work boot.
- It has a comfortable fit and longer ankles for ladies.
- There are waterproof leather uppers with a Keen dry Membrane,
- The toe is soft, and the work boot is more lightweight,
- The outsole is a high-traction rubber that is oil and slip-resistant.
- The work boot is electrical hazard safe rated.
- The Ariat All-terrain Waterproof work boots have a western-style and pull-on design,
- They feature TS comfort and cushioning technology for stability and support.
- The leather uppers are fully waterproof, and inside is a cushioned EVA midsole and plush insole for ladies’ comfort.
- The outsole is a slip-resistant rubber.
- The Timberland Pro Direct Attach is a more basic style waterproof work boot for women.
- It has leather uppers with Nubuck leather and a waterproof membrane,
- There is a padded ankle collar.
- The work boots are ASTM F2413-18 F/ I/ C EH compliant.
- They have a steel safety toe and oil, slip, and abrasion-resistant rubber outsole.
- The outsole is also quite heat resistant to warm conditions.
- The Safety Girl waterproof work boots come in a lovely pink collar,
- They have a padded collar and comfortable insole.
- The uppers are water-resistant nubuck leather with Goodyear welt construction.
- There is a slip and oil-resistant rubber outsole.
- The work boots have a steel toe that meets ASTM F2413-11 I/75 C/75 (2500 lbs pressure) to protect your toes.
- The Lady Rebel Western Boots are stunning and colorful work boots for women.
- The solid leather uppers are waterproof full, grain genuine leather.
- There is a durable rubber outsole for slip resistance and a comfortable contoured, ventilated, and removable cushioned insole.
- The shank area is rolled with a fiberglass shank for stability.
- There is a soft mesh lining to keep your feet dry.
- The dual-density rubber outsole is slip and abrasion-resistant.
- The Wolverine Floorhand is a great waterproof safety work boot for women.
- The Floorhand has waterproof full-grain leather uppers and a protective steel toe that meets ASTM standards f2413-11 m i/75 c75 eh for electrical hazard safety.
- The outsole is a slip-resistant rubber,
- The work boot consists of lightweight and durable cement construction.
- The insole is padded for comfort.
Index Table: Top Rated Waterproof Work Boots for Women
|1||Columbia Women's Newton Ridge - Waterproof Work Boot||Columbia||98|
|2||Timberland Women's White Ledge - Waterproof Work Boot||Timberland||98|
|3||Keen Women's Cincinnati 8 Inch - Soft Toe Waterproof Work Boot||Keen||97.5|
|4||Ariat Women's Terrain - Pull On Waterproof Work Boot||Ariat||96.5|
|5||Timberland Pro Women's Direct Attach - Steel Toe Waterproof Work Boot||Timberland Pro||97|
|6||Safety Girl Women's Pink - Steel Toe Waterproof Work Boot||Safety Girl||96|
|7||Durango Women's Lady Rebel - Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boot||Durango||97.8|
|8||Wolverine Women's Floorhand - Steel Toe waterproof Work Boots||Wolverine||97.3|