Summers are usually the season to look forward to for many of us. Yet when working in hot and humid conditions, it may not be as much fun, particularly if you are working in heavy and hot work boots.
A good pair of summer work boots to keep you cool and comfortable is always advised for hot summers.
A Summer Workboot for cooler feet is quite rare. However, I suggest options for more mesh and textile style boots such as Hiking work boots or very light leather work boots that are unlined.
Avoid heavy steel toe work boots, and opt for cooler and lighter Composite toe work boots. Look for work boots with leather or textile uppers and breathable insets or perforations. A moisture-wicking insole or Air-Cooled footbed is also ideal.
This article looks at some work boot designs that work well to keep you cool in the summertime.
Why You Need Different Work Boots for the Summer
Most regular work boots can overheat quickly in hot conditions. They become sweaty, hot, and very uncomfortable, causing your feet to tire and ache.
Tired feet are not ideal for anyone at work, as they may hinder their performance, cause discomfort, and feel un-energized and unmotivated.
Sweaty feet will chafe and become blistered, painful, and infected.
If you generally work in a hot setting, you can initially invest in a good pair of summer work boots, but if you have cold winters and hot summers, it is advised to invest in an extra pair of lightweight summer work boots for a cool feeling for your feet.
Work environments exposed to high heat also call for a boot that can resist the heat and keep you cool.
What to Look for in a Summer Work Boot
So now we come to the important part, what you should look for in a good boot for summer;
- Lightweight – A work boot that is more lightweight and not heavy is always better for summertime. Lightweight materials will generally keep your feet cool and dry.
- Breathability – Breathable materials such as mesh and fabric or perforated leather improve ventilation that helps to keep you cool.
- Composite Toe – Composite safety toes are a much better option than a steel toe in summer as they are more lightweight and do not overheat in summer.
- Moisture Wicking Lining – An interior moisture-wicking lining helps wick away moisture to keep your feet dry, which generally keeps them cooler.
Features of a Good Summer Work Boot
- Uppers – Leather is generally cool enough for summer, but other materials such as mesh, nylon, and fabric may be more breathable and cooling, so look for shoes with these insets.
- Comfort and Cooling Features – Cushioning and a shock-absorbing midsole provides good underfoot comfort. A mesh tongue, liner, and side panels allow for better ventilation. Interior moisture-wicking linings also help to keep your feet dry and cooler.
- Safety Features – Generally, a soft or composite safety toe remains much cooler in summer than steel toes. Waterproofing and electrical hazard-safe materials are ideal, along with an oil and slip-resistant outsole. Durability is also key so abrasion-resistant materials will be the most durable.
- Outsole – Rubber for the outsole is desired, with a lug tread for optimal slip resistance.
Reviews: The Best Summer Work Boots
In our list, we have some of the best available work boots that will breathe well and keep you cool during hot summer days on the job;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The Wolverine work boot gives you full protection and a comfortable cooling fit.
- The uppers are leather with a moisture-wicking textile lining, which is basic and breathable.
- The Contour welt construction means that the boot is more flexible and durable,
- The uppers are premium waterproof leather that is also very light and breathable.
- Inside is a moisture-wicking and cushioned Ortholite footbed for your comfort that offers breathable and cooling cushioning.
- The composite toe is lightweight and will not overheat in summer.
The Bates Tactical Work Boot is designed specifically for very hot weather conditions.
- The uppers are leather and nylon, lightweight, and much more breathable for hot summers.
- The boot has an oil, stain, abrasion, and slip-resistant Vibram rubber outsole,
- The DuraShock comfort technology provides excellent cushioning and shock absorbency for comfort,
- There is a steel protective toe, and all materials are electrical hazard safe.
The Keen Utility Flint is a comfortable, light, and well-ventilated boot for light-duty work.
- The Keen Utility flint has a very breathable textile design and leather uppers materials.
- This is a lite duty work boot for comfort.
- There is a dual-density midsole and cushioned insole for comfort and a stability shank for support,
- The boots also have a steel protective toe cap.
The Dickies Solo is a work shoe rather than a boot with a steel toe and a cooling, moisture-wicking mesh lining.
- These are steel-toe lightweight work shoes.
- The uppers are suede leather and mesh for breathability to keep you cool.
- The collar and tongue are padded for your comfort.
- Furthermore, there is a cushioned EVA foam insole and midsole for comfort and support,
- The toe and heel are reinforced for durability.
Despite having a protective steel toe and waterproof lining. The Keele Ridge is still very breathable with a moisture-wicking interior lining.
- The Uppers are leather with a breathable and moisture-wicking textile lining,
- The leather is waterproof with mesh inserts for breathability.
- A steel safety toe provides toe protection, and a nylon shank ensures structural support and underfoot protection.
- There is an EVA midsole for cushioning and cement construction for durable flexibility,
- The rubber outsole likewise ensures excellent slip resistance.
The Wolverine Wilderness is constructed using lightweight and well-ventilated materials and flexible cement to keep you cool and comfortable.
- The work boot has leather uppers with a mesh lining to wick away moisture and keep you cool.
- Inside you will find a fully cushioned insole for your comfort.
- Nylon shank provides stability and underfoot protection.
- Cement sole construction ensures durability and flexibility,
- Additionally, you can select from a few available colors in this work boot model.
The Reebok Sublite is a lightweight and cooling work boot with many comfort features.
- This is a static dissipative work boot for work environments dealing with static electricity.
- Furthermore, the work boot has a very lightweight and ventilated design that is cool in the summertime.
- A MemoryTech massaging cushioned footbed for your comfort and a Subline foam midsole for lightweight shock absorbency.
- The mid-cut work boot has a protective alloy toe cap and a slip-resistant rubber sole for safety.
The Tactical Workboot, Taclite, offers breathable and cushioned comfort in a durable tactical work boot.
- A leather and textile tactical work boot designed specifically for hot weather conditions.
- The boot is breathable with a cushioned Ortholite sock liner for comfort and air mesh panels for ventilation.
- The sole is durable rubber with a lug rope tread and multidirectional lugs for grip.
- The uppers consist of 1200d Cordura nylon and a compression-molded shock-absorbing EVA midsole.
This is a very comfortable and lightweight leather work boot with a soft wedge sole from Carhartt.
- The Uppers are genuine leather, and the work boot has a casual-inspired design.
- This is a lite duty and classy work boot for more formal occasions and office wear, on and off-site.
- They have a durable, slip-resistant rubber outsole and a soft moc toe design.
- The work boot is lightweight and breathable in design.
The Wolverine Edge is a breathable summer work boot with an LX Nano safety toe.
- The Uppers are leather with breathable mesh inserts to keep you cool.
- They are designed to be much more lightweight for less strain on your feet.
- Reflective materials are added for better visibility in all work scenarios.
- There is a durable and high-grip rubber outsole.
Index Table: Top Rated Lightweight Summer Work Boots
|1||Wolverine Men's Overpass - Lightweight Summer Work Boot||Wolverine||98.3|
|2||Bates Men's USMC - Summer Tactical Work Boot||Bates||98|
|3||Keen Utility Men's Flint - Breathable Summer Work Boot||Keen Utility||98.1|
|4||Dickies Men's Solo - Steel Toe Lightweight Summer Work Boot||Dickies||97|
|5||Timberland PRO Men's Keele Ridge - Waterproof Summer Work Boot||Timberland PRO||97.3|
|6||Wolverine Men's Wildreness - Summer Work Boot||Wolverine||96.9|
|7||Reebok Men's Sublite - Cushioned Breathable Work Boot||Reebok||97.8|
|8||Taclite Men's 5.11 - Summer Tactical Work Boot||Taclite||97|
|9||Carhartt Men's CMX4023 - Casual Summer Work Boot||Carhartt||97.1|
|10||Wolverine Men's Edge LX - Summer Cooling Work Boot||Wolverine||97.4|
Table of Contents
- Why You Need Different Work Boots for the Summer
- What to Look for in a Summer Work Boot
- Features of a Good Summer Work Boot
- Reviews: The Best Summer Work Boots
- Wolverine® Men's Overpass Lightweight Summer Work Boot
- Bates® Men's USMC Summer Tactical Work Boot
- Keen Utility® Men's Flint Breathable Summer Work Boot
- Dickies® Men's Solo Steel Toe Lightweight Summer Work Boot
- Timberland PRO® Men's Keele Ridge Waterproof Summer Work Boot
- Wolverine® Men's Wildreness Summer Work Boot
- Reebok® Men's Sublite Cushioned Breathable Work Boot
- Taclite® Men's 5.11 Summer Tactical Work Boot
- Carhartt® Men's CMX4023 Casual Summer Work Boot
- Wolverine® Men's Edge LX Summer Cooling Work Boot
- Index Table: Top Rated Lightweight Summer Work Boots