Working in cold winter weather is hard enough, yet working outdoors on ice and snow can become even harder.
That is why you need the best work boots for snow and ice.
Benefits of Proper Work Boots for Snow and Ice
Getting a pair of well-insulated winter work boots that offer slip-resistance on ice and snow surfaces can hold many benefits;
- Stay Safe and Healthy – Very low temperatures can reduce your immunity, making you more prone to sickness. Your feet are especially at risk when they become cold and wet. Proper work boots will offer waterproofing and insulation to keep your feet dry and warm, thus preventing sickness and health conditions.
- Work on Slippery Surfaces – Ice and Snow surfaces will be extremely slippery and can increase your risk of slipping and falling, which may lead to some pretty serious injuries. Most work boots designed for these conditions have a lug design outsole offering exceptional grip.
- Keep warm – The right work boots for ice and snow will generally keep your warm and comfortable overall. When your feet are warm, they also have a warming effect on your body. The cold, especially cold feet, can cause much discomfort in snow and ice conditions and interrupt your work. The right work boots will keep you comfortable enough to perform all your tasks.
Answers to Some Questions on Snow and Ice Work Boots
When it comes to cold weather work boots, there are always quite a few questions raised, so we have decided to answer a few for you;
- Recommended Height of Work Boots – Especially when working in icy and snowy conditions, the height of your work boot is quite important. Never go lower than the 6-inch ankle height for can weather conditions, and you may need a higher height deepening the depth of snow and wetness you are working in.
- What Types of Safety Toe to Use – Steel safety Toes in cold weather can make your shoes very cold, so I usually recommend a composite toe for safety. However, the Composite toe is not as strong and protective as the steel toe. There are also steel toe designs that are insulated, and your feet will not become cold from the steel.
- How to take Care of Snow and Ice Work Boots – Cleaning work boots depends on the type and materials. I suggest wiping them down with soapy water and then using conditioning for leather. Rubber work boots you can easily rinse down or wash as you wish. The main aim of cleaning your work boots is to dry them completely and as fast as possible. Wet work boots can develop odors and bacteria. All in all, I would say to follow washing and care instructions for your specific work boot. There is a simple process you can follow to make sure that you will always maintain your insulated work boots:
Features of a Good Work Boot for Snow and Ice
These are Some Features to Look for in a good work boot for ice and snow;
- Uppers – The Uppers can be leather or rubber, depending on the type of work boot. Inside, you may find 3M Thinsulate or other brands of insulation from about 150 grams and higher up to around 400 grams, which provides heat and protection. A Gore-Tex or Waterproof membrane is also ideal for keeping your feet dry from the ice and snow.
- Comfort and Support features – Cushioning Insole and support features such as arch support, a contoured footbed, and EVA or Foam midsole helps to absorb shock and properly support your feet.
- Safety features – Besides Waterproofing that is a must, your will also need a protective toe, either an enhanced technology steel toe that will not become cold or a composite safety toe.
- Outsole – The outsole is quite important as you are looking for a very lug tread durable and thick rubber outsole that protects your feet and that also offers excellent slip resistance on wet and icy surfaces.
Reviews: The Best Work Boots for Snow and Ice
These are some of the best available work boots for work environments with snow or ice conditions;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- The Carhartt PAC is an excellent work boot for extreme cold conditions, ice, and snow.
- It is a leather work boot with a composite toe that is electrical hazard safe.
- The work boot has Storm Defender waterproof technology that breathes well and keeps you dry and warm.
- It has 1000 grams of traditional insulation for warmth.
- The TPU heel guard offers excellent ankle stability on uneven terrains,
- The rubber outsole also ensures great rip in slippery and wet conditions.
- The Columbia Buga Boot is designed specifically for icy and snowy work conditions.
- The work boot has leather and textile uppers with Omni-Tech breathable waterproofing.
- It has 200 grams of light insulation to keep you warm and seam-sealed construction.
- The Omni-Grip outsole ensures exceptional slip resistance on most surfaces.
- A Techlite midsole and lightweight is cushioning for comfort.
- The Muckboot is a long length Wellington boot for deep snow and wet conditions,
- It consists of completely waterproof sealed rubber and has a 2mm Thermal foam inset underlay to keep your feet warm.
- A removable contoured, cushioned footbed for your comfort and Flex-Foam rubber uppers for a better fit.
- The rubber outsole has an aggressive tread for slip resistance.
- The Resistor from Timberland Pro is a full insulated waterproof work boot for cold conditions.
- It is leather and textile with a waterproof lining and 200 grams of insulation.
- The Outsole is a TPU design with deep lugs and cold formula design for underfoot warmth.
- A nylon shock is a diffusing plate for torsional rigidity and stability and dual-density anti-fatigue technology cushioning shock absorbency.
- The Keen Utility Davenport is another top favorite for snow and ice weather conditions and the work environment.
- It has synthetic uppers and a protective composite toe,
- The work boot is waterproof and has a warm lining,
- The Outsole has Micro-Glass fibers technology creating a micro cleat effect for increased ice traction.
- It is electrical hazard safe and has a protective composite toe.
- This is a Pull-on work boot design for the ladies.
- It has a long protective shaft and is genuine leather with a waterproof design.
- The work boot has a PU and foam cushioned insole for comfort and is electrical hazard safe.
- It is not fully insulated, however fully waterproof and windproof with Strom defender Technology.
- The Ever Boots Ultra Dry is ideal for Snow and Ice.
- They are lightweight and have a slip-resistant outsole.
- The work boots are insulated and waterproof.
- They also come with a PU insole.
- The Kamik Snow work boots are fully insulated.
- Full-length work boots with 200B Thinsulate insulation.
- Waterproof leather uppers.
- Rustproof laces and a slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- The Keen Revel is the perfect snow and Ice work boot.
- They are fully waterproof and insulated.
- The boots have a secure grip rubber outsole.
- They also offer odor protection.
- For the Ladies, I also chose the Keen Revel 4.
- A waterproof and well-insulated work boot.
- The rubber outsole is highly slip-resistant.
- Inside is a cushioned footbed and stability shank.
Index Table: Top Rated Work Boots for Snow and Ice
|1||Carhartt Men's PAC - Snow and Ice Work Boots||Carhartt||98.2|
|2||Columbia Men's Bugaboot Plus - Work Boots for Snow and Ice||Columbia||97.8|
|3||Muck Boots Men's Wellington - Work Boots for Snow and Ice||Muck Boots||97|
|4||Timberland PRO Men's Resistor - Snow and Ice Work Boots||Timberland PRO||97.7|
|5||Keen Utility Men's Davenport - Work Boots for Snow and Ice||Keen Utility||97.4|
|6||Carhartt Women's CWP - Snow and Ice Work Boots||Carhartt||97.5|
|7||Ever Boots Men's Ultra Dry - Work Boots for Snow and Ice||Ever Boots||96.4|
|8||Kamik Men's Nation Plus - Work Boots for Snow and Ice||Kamik||97|
|9||Keen Men's Revel 4 - Work Boots for Snow and Ice||Keen||97.3|
|10||Keen Women's Revel 4 - Work Boots for Snow and Ice||Keen||97.3|
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Proper Work Boots for Snow and Ice
- Answers to Some Questions on Snow and Ice Work Boots
- Features of a Good Work Boot for Snow and Ice
- Reviews: The Best Work Boots for Snow and Ice
- Carhartt® Men's PAC Snow and Ice Work Boots
- Columbia® Men's Bugaboot Plus Work Boots for Snow and Ice
- Muck Boots® Men's Wellington Work Boots for Snow and Ice
- Timberland PRO® Men's Resistor Snow and Ice Work Boots
- Keen Utility® Men's Davenport Work Boots for Snow and Ice
- Carhartt® Women's CWP Snow and Ice Work Boots
- Ever Boots® Men's Ultra Dry Work Boots for Snow and Ice
- Kamik® Men's Nation Plus Work Boots for Snow and Ice
- Keen® Men's Revel 4 Work Boots for Snow and Ice
- Keen® Women's Revel 4 Work Boots for Snow and Ice
- Index Table: Top Rated Work Boots for Snow and Ice