There has always been much debate around the pull-on and the lace-up work boot, especially among women.
Although both are safety work boots, there are some differences and pros and cons to each type.
Pull-On work boots have solid uppers that offer better protection against liquids and other hazardous elements, especially outdoors. They usually have a longer shat and are easy to quickly pull on and off. Pull-On work boots for women are designed on a last so that they are shaped according to a woman’s specific foot shape and requirements.
However, the best pull-on work boot or lace-up work boot will be what suits your needs and work requirements best.
The Pull On Work Boot
As the name of the work boot depicts, you easily pull the work boot on and off, it is a work boot that does not have laces but rather a solid material upper.
The Pull-On work boot is easy to put on and take off because there is no need to lace up the work boot. In turn, this is one of the main benefits of a pull-on work boot.
Pull-on work boots are mainly designed for individuals who need to change shoes often or prefer looser styles.
The Pull-on work boot is constructed with a proper shape and fit surrounding your feet, and materials such as genuine leather, rubber, or PVC depend on the type of pull-on work boot.
You get regular pull-on work boots that are normally leather, and then more waterproof and resistant rubber or PVC work boots designed for farming and working in wet conditions or with chemicals.
Most pull-on work boots are quite rugged, durable, and comfortable. They look as professional as lace-up work boots and have a more casual style.
Benefits of a Pull On Work Boot
Pull-on work boots do have some benefits over lace-up work boots, yet in the end, it all comes down to your preferences and whether they are acceptable and suitable to your work environment and occupational needs;
- Easy on and Off – The main benefit of a pull-on work boot is that it puts on and takes off fast and easily. Thus in a work environment where you need to change shoes frequently, I highly recommend them.
- Safety Features – The pull-on work boot comes with safety features similar to that of a lace-up work boot. On the other hand, pull-on work boots are mostly used in very wet, muddy, and outdoor environments and work environments using chemicals because of their added protection. The pull-on work boot can have a steel or composite safety toe, and in turn, is usually electrical hazard safe.
- Good Traction – Traction will more likely be related to the type of tread and material used in the outsole of the work boot. However, most pull-on work boots have as much traction and slip resistance as most lace-up work boots. Some pull-on work boots are even more so.
- Ventilation – They are likewise more ventilated because of the more loose and open design on top in a pull-on work boot.
- Very Good Protection – Pull-on work boots provide excellent protection.Most models are longer, and because of their solid construction, they provide complete waterproofing, if they are waterproof, and protection against abrasions and insect or snake bites.
- Pull On Work Boots Compared to Lace UP Work Boots – Pull-on Work boots are easy to pull on and off because the solid uppers are more waterproof. On the other hand, pull-on work boots offer little stability and ankle support because they are a very loose fit. Pull-on work boots are also not very professional and sophisticated in appearance. Lace-up work boots take time to fasten and untie; however,r they offer a more snug fit and are more ventilated. Lace-up Workboots can likewise still have liquids penetrating the lace features and gap.
Features of a Good Women’s Pull-On Work Boot
- Uppers – Pull-on work boots have a solid uppers shaft without laces. They are usually a closed design with a longer length. The uppers may be genuine or synthetic leather. Many pull-on work boots similarly have a waterproof membrane.
- Cushioning and Support – Look for a work boot with a cushioned footbed or midsole such as EVA or other foam forms. And anatomical foot or arch support is ideal, along with some stability features and a moisture-wicking lining to keep your feet dry and cool.
- Safety Features – Most pull-on work boots are fully waterproof. Some may have a steel or composite safety protective toe cap. The work boots may also be electrical hazard safe and have additional safety features such as heat and chemical resistance.
- Outsole – Most pull-on safety work boots will have a slip-resistant or oil and slip-resistant rubber outsole that is durable and safety rated.
- Options – For the ladies, there is usually much more variety offered when it comes to color options in most pull-on work boot models.
Reviews: The Best Women’s Pull-On Work Boots
- The Ariat Pull-on work boot features ATS support and comfort technology, which is ideal for women’s more fragile feet.
- The Pull-On work boots have solid uppers that offer excellent protection, and insulation against wind and cold.
- They are pull-on work boots that are fully waterproof and durable.
- The EVA Midsole and cushioned insole are very comfortable.
- The outsole is highly slip-resistant.
- The fit is very specific for women’s feet.
- The Carhart Pull work boot is a soft-toe leather work boot.
- It is electrical, hazard safe, and waterproof.
- The work boot features a cushioned comfort insole and breathable membrane.
- It has a slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- From Golden Fox, we have a more western-styled Pull on a work boot.
- It comes in Golden brown colors with 100% leather uppers.
- The work boots are soft to toe with a wedge sole.
- They are electrical, hazard safe, and waterproof.
- The Keen Utility Seattle is a Chelsea-style pull on a work boot.
- The shorter design is more comfortable.
- The work boots have a high traction rubber outsole that is oil and slip-resistant.
- They are electrical hazard safe and rated.
- There is a protective alloy steel toe cap.
- The Mooselog work boot is a steel toe safety work boot.
- It has a pull-on design and is a shorter ankle length.
- The work boot is CSA, and ASTM rated and approved.
- It has a steel toe and composite underfoot plate for protection.
- Comfortable with leather construction, an cushioned footbed, and moisture-wicking lining.
- The Twisted X is a pull-on hiking boot that makes for the perfect work boot.
- The boot has full-grain leather uppers and an oil and slip-resistant, molded rubber outsole.
- It has double-stitched pull tabs for easy on and off.
- The toe box is roomy and a D shape.
Index Table: Top Rated Pull-On Work Boots for Women
|1||Ariat Women's All Terrain - Pull-On Work Boot||Ariat||98|
|2||Carhartt Women's CWP - Work Boot with a Pull-On Feature||Carhartt||97.8|
|3||Golden Fox Women's Classic - Pull-On Work Book||Golden Fox||97|
|4||Keen Women's Seattle - Pull-On Work Boot||Keen||96.7|
|5||Mooselog Women's Steel Toe - Work Boot with Pull-On||Mooselog||97|
|6||Twisted X Women's Premium - Pull-On Work Boot||Twisted X||96.5|
Table of Contents
- The Pull On Work Boot
- Benefits of a Pull On Work Boot
- Features of a Good Women’s Pull-On Work Boot
- Reviews: The Best Women’s Pull-On Work Boots
- Index Table: Top Rated Pull-On Work Boots for Women