When we speak about work boots for kids, it is not actually “for work”, but rather for playtime in a rougher environment and to provide their feet with a little more protection.
Let us face it, kids are rough on shoes, and they can get into some dangerous situations, so why not equip them with the best work boots for kids.
Work boots for children are more rugged, and durable boots are available in children’s sizes. They may have a slip-resistant outsole, and a rubber toe bumper, along with a comfortable cushioned insole.
Why get Your Child Work Boots
Children do sometimes play or perform activities in hazardous environments such as outdoors, or even in a factory or industrial area where their parents may work, or where they play.
Little feet are at risk of getting punctured by sharp objects, toes being crushed by heavy falling objects, and getting wet or cold.
All these safety risks are just as much present in a child’s environment and day as they are in your workday.
On the other hand, have you noticed how hard-wearing children are on their shoes and boots. Well, a “work Boot” for children is generally much more durable providing enhanced features to make them last longer.
Then also when it comes to comfort, work boots for children can be comfortable and provide good support and cushioning for their little feet.
How do you choose Work Boots for a Child
Well, similarly to choosing work boots for an adult you can look at the features for a work boot for a child;
- Safety Toe and Features – A metal or composite safety toe or even just a rubber toe bumper can protect their toes from bumps, stubs, and even when they drop something heavy on them.
- Durable Materials – Materials such as genuine leather, rubber, neoprene, and some synthetic materials are much more durable than others and with proper construction and reinforcement will generally last much longer.
- Comfort Features – Most work boots for children will have underfoot stability, a cushioned insole, and shock absorbing midsole to protect their feet while providing a comfortable underfoot platform.
- Slip Resistance – The Outsole will have a durable rubber design with a lug tread to provide slip resistance in wet, uneven, and slippery terrains.
Features of a Good Work Boot for Kids
- Uppers – Look for boots with genuine leather uppers, neoprene, or rubber which are the most durable and easy to maintain. A comfortable interior lining will wick away moisture and prevent friction which can café and cause blisters on their feet.
- Cushioning and Shock Absorbency – A padded or cushioned insole and a shock-absorbing foam or EVA midsole provide protection against impact and a comfortable wearing shoe.
- Fit – Make sure that the fit is just right, and never opt for a size larger to save on shoes. Your child will fall over their own feet and be very unstable in shoes that you are assuming they will grow into soon. As for the toe box, look for a round design toe that offers enough space in height and width so that your child can easily splay out their toes in the shoes. Also make sure that there is a very small space between their toes and the edge of the work boots.
- Underfoot Protection – A shank can provide stability on uneven terrains as well as underfoot protection against punctures.
- Outsole – Always opt for a boot with a rubber or Vibram rubber outsole with a lug tread that offers good slip resistance.
- Pull on or Lace Up – For younger children I would recommend a Velcro closure or lace-up that you can secure on their feet, whereas for older children it is your choice as to what is most comfortable for your child.
Reviews: The Best Work Boots for Kids
These are Our Top Choices in work boots that are idea for children;
- The Deer stag work boots are a unisex design and come in toddler, little kid, and big kid sizes.
- They are available in a few neutral colors from which you can choose.
- The boots are synthetic leather with a slip-resistant synthetic sole.
- The uppers have a faux leather design and there is Thinsulate insulation for warmth.
- They are excellent work boots for cold weather and are fully waterproof, with a TPR traction outsole.
- The Rocky work boot for children is also a unisex design mid-calf fit boot.
- They are available in a brown leather options as well as little kid, big kid, and even toddler sizes.
- The boots are genuine leather with a durable, and slip resistant rubber outsole,
- Inside is a comfortable padded insole for cushioning.
- The toe has a round and roomy shape.
- The Jabasic work boot is a fully waterproof work boot for boys and girls.
- The work boots are available in a few color options from which you can choose as needed.
- They are the perfect outdoor boots for children and are fully waterproof.
- The sole is a durable rubber with a lug tread for optimal slip resistance.
- Inside is an anti-sweat textile lining for improved breathability.
- The insole is cushioned for comfort and shock absorbency.
- The Georgia Boot is a unisex work boot for children.
- They are available in toddler, little kid, and big kid sizes.
- They are 100% genuine leather with a slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- The boots feature the Georgia waterproof system and waterproof leather.
- Inside is an Orthotic insole and an EVA midsole.
- Merrell kids bring you their Moab 2 for children.
- This design is mainly for boys and comes in neutral color options.
- The uppers are suede leather and mesh.
- There is a non-marking, M grip slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- The select DRY bootie waterproof instruction keeps their feet dry and comfortable.
- The Keen Targhee comes in a unisex design for children.
- These are more of a hiking-style work boot for children.
- The boots are fully waterproof with Keen dry technology, and also quite breathable.
- Inside is a moisture-wicking mesh lining, and a padded collar and tongue.
- There is a removable cushioned EVA footbed for comfort and durability,
- The rubber outsole is non-marking and has multi-direction traction grips on the tread for slip resistance.
Index Table: Top Rated Work Boots for Kids
|1||Deer Stags Unisex Mak2 - Work Boots for Kids||Deer Stags||98|
|2||Rocky Unisex Mid-Calf - Work Boots for Kids||Rocky||97.9|
|3||Jabasic Unisex Waterproof - Work Boots for Kids||Jabasic||97|
|4||Georgia Boot Unisex Mid-Calf - Kid’s Work Boots||Georgia Boot||97.7|
|5||Merrell Boy's Moab 2 - Work Boots for Kids||Merrell||97.4|
|6||Keen Unisex Targhee - Kid’s Work Boots||Keen||97.5|
Table of Contents
- Why get Your Child Work Boots
- How do you choose Work Boots for a Child
- Features of a Good Work Boot for Kids
- Reviews: The Best Work Boots for Kids
- Index Table: Top Rated Work Boots for Kids