Whereas ranchers and ropers used most cowboy work boots in the old days, they have evolved so much today to be used for various occupations.
Whether it is the style or pull-on comfort that attracts you, Cowboy work boots have become quite popular, and there are so many choices available as a work boot option.
As you know most Cowboy style work boots offer minimal comfort and safety features, so we have tried to find brands that are a little more challenging. The brands we chose will have a more comfortable and supportive cushioned footbed, along with safety features such as a safety toe, waterproofing, and a slip resistant outsole.
Cowboy Work Boots
The Cowboy boot style has since evolved from when the Western boots first became popular with American Cowboys around 200 years ago.
Despite all the changing fads, two of the most popular Western boots remain the common Cowboy style boots and Roper Boots.
The Classic Cowboy work boot features a high shaft to at least the middle of your calf with decorative cut-outs or stitching, and The toe can be square, pointed, or round with the traditional toes being pointed.
Most Cowboy style boots, including work boots, will come with comfort features and technology to cushion your feet and help with stability in support.
Cowboy Work Boots Designs and Toe Styles
Cowboy work boots come in various styles, fits, and toe shapes. Most safety Cowboy work boots with a steel toe will generally have a wide or wide and round toe shape to accommodate the safety toe features.
However, Cowboy work boots generally do not always come with safety steel or composite toe.
Cowboy work boots are ideal for ranching and farming work, and I would not regularly suggest them for industrial and construction work purposes. However, with technology today, cowboy-style work boots work just perfectly in these occupations and work environments.
- Pointy Toe – The Pointed toe cowboy work boots are a work boot that I will only recommend for professional wear around the office or a meeting. It looks great but is not that comfortable or safe in a hazardous work environment. The longer pointed toe is the original style, and you will need to size up to around half size to accommodate the narrow toe.
- Square Toe – The square toe design has a square straight line at the tip of the toe. You can get the square toe cowboy work boots with a wide, medium, or narrow square toe design. The wide and medium designs are better for work purposes.
- Round Toe – The rounded toe on cowboy work boots is the most acceptable in work boots for all purposes. This is usually a broader rounded toe that allows enough toe room in width and height of the work boots, whereas square and pointed toes tend to be more flat on top.
- Calf Length – Most cowboys style work boots will come in a mid-calf length. However, you get shorter ankle-length models.
Features of a Good Cowboy Work Boot
- Uppers – The uppers will be an ankle-length or longer-length shaft that is usually genuine leather and decorated with most cowboy boot styles. You will also see different toe shapes, such as round, square and pointed toe shapes in cowboy work boots.
- Comfort and Support Features – Cowboy Work boots may have a cushioned footbed or insole and a foam or EVA midsole to absorb shock and cushion. A moisture-wicking lining aids in absorbing moisture and keeping your feet dry and comfortable. Furthermore, an ergonomically shaped footbed or arch support will help to support your feet.
- Safety Features – The basic safety features for a cowboy work boot include a steel or composite safety toe, electrical hazard safety materials, and oil and slip-resistant outsole. Some work boots may also have a waterproof lining.
- Outsole – The outsole will be rubber or Vibram rubber with a lug tread for slip resistance. Depending on the type of work boot, that traction may vary.
- Colors and Options – With cowboy work boots, you will notice a few more options for colors. However, they are usually very neutral colors. Wider widths may also be available in some work boot models.
Reviews: The Best Cowboy Work Boots
These are some of our top favorite Cowboy Style work boots.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know: We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- The Ariat WorkHog is a round-toe cowboy work boot, that does it all.
- the work boots are comfortable with a cushioned footbed and lining.
- The work boots have genuine leather uppers that are decorated and calf-length.
- They have a soft round toe and durable, slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- Easy to wear and waterproof for all weather conditions.
- The Wolverine Rancher is a square steel-toe cowboy work boot.
- They are leather rancher work boots with s steel safety toes.
- The work boots have a square-toe design and decorated uppers,
- They are durable ad has a slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- The Ariat Sierra is a wide square-toe cowboy work boot.
- They are leather work boots with a wide soft square toe and aged bark design.
- There is advanced torque technology for stability and a composite fork.
- The work boots are lined and have a heavy-duty oil and slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- The Justin Original Stampede are also cowboy-style work boots,
- They have a steel safety toe and leather uppers.
- The J-Flex comfort system moves with you.
- There is a protective steel shank and durable rubber outsole.
- The work boots have full leather uppers.
- The Irish setter work boot is a pull-on cowboy style.
- They are available in more sizes and colors.
- These leather work boots have a steel safety toe and slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- They also have RPM composite technology to reduce weight,
- The outsole is also heat resistant.
- The Ariat Anthem is a waterproof cowboy work boot.
- This is the perfect model for the ladies.
- It has leather uppers and EVA soles.
- The work boot is waterproof and has four layers of cushioning technology for comfort.
- The Ariat Groundbreaker is a square-toe cowboy work boot.
- It is genuine leather with a durable rubber sole.
- There is an 11-inch decorated shaft.
- The toe has a square design.
- Wider width options are available.
- We have an Original style Western Cowboy work boot from the Old West.
- Ideal for a less hazardous work environment.
- It has 1005 leather uppers and stitching.
- The toe is a more roomy round shape.
- There is a durable rubber outsole.
- The Rocky Western Cowboy Boot is a round-toe design.
- It has a comfortable fit with a roomy round toe.
- There is an 8-Layered Rocky Ride comfort system and heel stabilizer.
- It has durable all-around welt construction.
- The Ariat Heritage Roper boot is an excellent Cowboy work boot.
- It features a square toe and more color options.
- The work boot is genuine leather with a Duratread sole.
- It has a cushioned comfort footbed and a long comfortable shaft.
Index Table: Top Rated Cowboy Work Boots
|1||Ariat Men's WorkHog - Cowboy Work Boot||Ariat||98|
|2||Wolverine Men's Rancher - Cowboy Work Boot||Wolverine||97.9|
|3||Ariat Men's Sierra - Square Toe Cowboy Work Boot||Ariat||97|
|4||Justin Original Men's Stampede - square Toe Cowboy Work Boot||Justin Original||97.7|
|5||Irish Setter Men's Marshall - Cowboy Work Boot||Irish Setter||97|
|6||Ariat Women's Anthem - Cowboy Style Work Boots||Ariat||97.5|
|7||Ariat Men's Groundbreaker - Square Toe Cowboy Work Boots||Ariat||97|
|8||Old West Men's Stitched - Professional Cowboy Work Boots||Old West||97|
|9||Rocky Men's FQ - Cowboy Work Boots||Rocky||97|
|10||Ariat Men's Heritage Roper - Cowboy Work Boots||Ariat||97.6|
Table of Contents
- Cowboy Work Boots
- Cowboy Work Boots Designs and Toe Styles
- Features of a Good Cowboy Work Boot
- Reviews: The Best Cowboy Work Boots
- Ariat® Men's WorkHog Cowboy Work Boot
- Wolverine® Men's Rancher Cowboy Work Boot
- Ariat® Men's Sierra Square Toe Cowboy Work Boot
- Justin Original® Men's Stampede square Toe Cowboy Work Boot
- Irish Setter® Men's Marshall Cowboy Work Boot
- Ariat® Women's Anthem Cowboy Style Work Boots
- Ariat® Men's Groundbreaker Square Toe Cowboy Work Boots
- Old West® Men's Stitched Professional Cowboy Work Boots
- Rocky® Men's FQ Cowboy Work Boots
- Ariat® Men's Heritage Roper Cowboy Work Boots
- Index Table: Top Rated Cowboy Work Boots