Work boots for overpronation are designed will all the right features to help you deal with all kinds of flat feet issues. When you tend to overpronate, it is a good idea to wear proper footwear to help control overpronation and prevent injuries and other issues related to overpronation.
This also counts for your work boots, as you spend quite a bit of time in them. Therefore you will need the best work boots for overpronation.
How you step, and the way you pronate influences your overall health and walking mechanics.
Overpronation means that your feet roll inward excessively when you walk or run as part of the motion.
Thus, the outer part of your heel hits the ground first when your walk or run, and then your foot will roll inward towards your arches.
When you overpronate, your feet also flatten completely when they hit the ground, and your arch is flattened and stretched, Inturn there is also the strain on your muscles, tendons, and ligaments in your feet, legs, and lower back.
You may, in turn, be at risk for injuries such as ankle sprains, shin splints, Achilles tendinitis, heels spurs, and plantar fasciitis when you overpronate.
The Right Work Boots for Overpronation
As you can see, Overpronation can cause a range of issues that may cause you pain and discomfort and increase your risk of an injury at work if you do not invest in the proper work boots.
Work boots for Overpronation are designed with superior support and comfort features ideal for this condition, much similar to running and sports footwear that caters for overpronation.
Two basic shoe categories are ideal for Overpronation;
- Stability Shoes – Stability shoes are mostly ideal for moderate to light Overpronation where you need some stability, such as a firmer sole and good support.
- Motion Control Shoes – Motion Control shoes are ideally designed for people who Overpronate excessively and need full control. Features such as a rollbar and other motion control or more aggressive stability features are required in this case.
As you will see, you will not get those options in work boots as they are mostly found in running and sports shoe types.
However, you can look at features in a work boot that provide similar stability and motion control. These features can include good arch support, cushioning for firmer shock absorbency, an underplate or shank for stability, and a more locked-in fit.
In our review list, I have included work boots that contain features that will help prevent overpronation and provide better stability in general.
Features of the Best Work Boots for Overpronation
A good work boot for Overpronation will include Motion Control or Stability Features ideally;
- Overpronation Control – Let us start off with Overpronation control and correction features which will include either motion control features such as a rollbar for very excessive overpronation, or stability features such as a firmer sole, shank, or torsional stability system for general overpronation.
- Comfort Features – Good underfoot cushioning is also required for overpronation as your feet may be absorbing impact unevenly. And EVA or foam midsole and cushioned insole should suffice.
- Arch Support – Good arch support I always advised for overpronation. If you can find a work boot that offers arch support for your arch type, then you should most definitely opt for that. Arch support or a contoured footbed with an anatomical design aligns your foot properly, which in turn ensures proper motion and helps to control overpronation. Arch support also helps distribute weight and impact evenly so that there is less strain on your feet and joints.
- Safety Features – Then, of course, you need to consider the safety features required in your work environment and for your specific occupation type. Safety toes, waterproofing, electrical hazard safe materials, and a slip or slip and oil-resistant rubber outsole are the main safety features. Most work boots are very durable and quite abrasion resistant, which likewise counts for their soles, usually consisting of very durable rubber or Vibram rubber.
Reviews: The Best Work Boots for Overpronation
In our list, you will find some of the best available work boots that all have some stability and motion control features along with other features to help with Overpronation;
- The Timberland PRO Hyperion is one of the best choices in work boots for Overpronation.
- The uppers are genuine leather, and there is a durable Vibram rubber outsole.
- For stability and comfort, you have an anti-fatigue technology system and an EVA midsole.
- The work boot is waterproof and has an alloy safety toe.
- The Danner Quarry is also an excellent work boot for Overpronation that features a wider hand-stitched broader platform for better underfoot stability.
- The work boot is electrical hazard safe, has a slip and oil-resistant Vibram Quarry outsole, and has a waterproof Gore-Tex lining.
- The Wedge sole provides good underfoot cushioning and shock absorbency.
- The work boot is ideal for all work environments.
- The Wolverine DuraShock work boot offers good stability and shock resistance for Overpronation.
- The work boot is genuine leather and waterproof with 200 grams of Thinsulate Insulation.
- It has a Fiberglass stability shank and a removable double density footbed and stays dry lining for comfort and support.
- The outsole is a durable and slip-resistant rubber.
- Another great option is the Timberland PRO Titan.
- The Titan has a PowerFit Comfort System for stability and critical support,
- It has heat, oil, slip, and abrasion-resistant rubber outsole that is likewise un-marking.
- The uppers are genuine leather, and there is a protective safety toe.
- The Skechers for Work Workshire work boot is ideal for Overpronation and has some great safety features.
- It is electrical hazard safe and has a steel safety toe.
- The outsole is likewise a durable and flexible, slip and oil-resistant Nitrile rubber.
- For support and comfort, there is a lightweight Midsole and memory foam insole.
- A padded collar and snug fit provide good stability.
- The Wolverine Harrison is an Overpronation work boot with a steel toe.
- The work boot has leather uppers and is electrical hazard safe.
- Inside is a moisture-wicking mesh lining to keep your dirt and a removable insole for comfort.
- The EVA midsole ensures good stability and shock absorbency.
- There is also a nylon shank for puncture resistance and stability.
Index Table: Top Rated Work Boots for Overpronation
|1||Timberland PRO Men's Hyperion - Overpronation Work Boots||Timberland PRO||98.5|
|2||Danner Men's Quarry - Work Boots for Overpronation||Danner||98.2|
|4||Wolverine Men's DuraShock - Overpronation Stability Work Boots||Wolverine||97|
|4||Timberland Men's Titan 6” - Overpronation Work Boots||Timberland||97.5|
|5||Skechers Men's Workshire - Cushioned Overpronation Work Boots||Skechers||97.6|
|6||Wolverine Women's Harrison - Steel Toe Work Boots for Overpronation||Wolverine||96|
Table of Contents
- Overpronation Explained
- The Right Work Boots for Overpronation
- Features of the Best Work Boots for Overpronation
- Reviews: The Best Work Boots for Overpronation
- Timberland PRO® Men's Hyperion Overpronation Work Boots
- Danner® Men's Quarry Work Boots for Overpronation
- Wolverine® Men's DuraShock Overpronation Stability Work Boots
- Timberland® Men's Titan 6” Overpronation Work Boots
- Skechers® Men's Workshire Cushioned Overpronation Work Boots
- Wolverine® Women's Harrison Steel Toe Work Boots for Overpronation
- Index Table: Top Rated Work Boots for Overpronation