If you suffer from bunions, finding the best work boots for bunions can be a challenge. Bunions are painful and hard to deal with, making it difficult to find shoes that fit your feet comfortably.
Finding boots that offer support and cushioning is vital for people who have this foot condition. By understanding what makes the best work boots for bunion pain, you will be able to make an informed decision about which pair of work boots will help provide relief so you can continue working in comfort. But that’s what we are here for. Keep reading!
How Your Work Boots can Cause Bunions?
Firstly if you do not know this yet, let me explain how a Bunion works, it will give more insight into your choice of work boots.
A Bunion is an actual piece of bone, and not just some growth, at the base on the side of your big toe, and sometimes, rarely, your small toe. The happens when the bones of the front part of your feet are pulled together, for some reason, and out of place, which then causes the tip of your big toe to push towards the smaller toes, and the joint bone ate the base of the big toe to stick out.
It all sounds pretty scientific, but bunions are mainly caused by shoes that squeeze the front area of your feet and your toes together or heels that push your toes to the front of your shoes.
That said, there are two ways in which your work boots cause and affect bunions;
- Height – Work boots with a high heel, especially with no arch support, will push your forefoot forward into the work boots and place pressure on the toes and forefoot, which is painful if you already have bunions or which may lead to bunions in the end. This is why I recommend a workboat with a very low or no heel. If your work boots have heels, they will need proper arch support, as this helps prevent your feet from pushing forward.
- Fit – Secondly, the fit of your work boot plays a large role on bunions that are existing and cause bunions. For example, a tight forefoot, such as the very narrow toe cowboy work boots, will most definitely place pressure on your bunions, causing pain and further deformity. Initially, a work boot with a very narrow forefoot can actually cause bunions and many other foot ailments.
Benefits of the Best Work Boots for Bunions
As I have Mentioned, work boots with high heels and a narrow toe box are your main culprits when it comes to bunions, not forgetting work boots that lack any form of arch support, especially in heled work boots.
But how will the right work boots actually help you?
Well, if you aim for a work boot with a roomy toe box, there will be no pressure on your toes and forefoot, which could cause bunions, and if you already have bunions, they will be aggravated or hurt.
With a lower heel and proper arch support, your feet will be properly aligned to cause less pressure and keep your feet in a position where the toes do become squashed together.
Lastly, many work boots offer comfort features such as cushioning and a smooth interior lining that is comfortable and reduces painful bunions.
Features of a Good Work Boot for Bunions
- Uppers – The best work boots for bunions should have a roomy and wide toe box design firstly. The Uppers can be leather or textile materials with a smooth interior lining to prevent friction.
- Construction – Construction aims more at the durability of the work shoe, in which case I recommended Cement or Welt construction methods.
- Support and Comfort Features – As we have said, arch support is vital, particularly if your work boot has a higher heel, such as Logger work boots. A contoured footbed likewise provides good arch support. Cushioning in the insole and EVA Foam or Foam in the midsole absorb shock and provide cushioning that takes the pressure off your bunions.
- Safety Features – The Safety Features will depend on your work environment. Safety features include steel, alloy, composite safety toe, Waterproofing, Abrasion resistance, electrical Hazard Safe Materials, and god slip resistance.
- Outsole and Slip Resistance – Any best boots for bunions needs to offer slip resistance, which may be regular slip resistance or oil and slip resistance. A lug rubber outsole is ideal in this regard.
Reviews: The Best Work Boots for Bunions
These are our Top Choices in Work Boots for bunions; but before you go through our list, please note that this page includes affiliate links.
- The Danner Quarry has a wide and comfortable fit, ideal for Bunions.
- It can be used for both indoor and outdoor work positions.
- These are the Best Work Boots for Bunions as they have a firm and protective toe box that is quite roomy. There are also wider width options available.
- The work boot is top-grain leather and has a durable rubber outsole.
- It has a removable cushioning insole that allows you to use your own orthotics.
- Furthermore, it also has a fiberglass shank for underfoot protection and stability.
- The Caterpillar Diagnostic is also available in wider fits which are ideal for bunions.
- It has soft leather uppers and a protective steel toe.
- The work boot is fully waterproof and insulated for warmth.
- It has a full cushioning EVA foam insert with gel technology for shock absorbency.
- The Timberland Pro has a Comfortable and roomy fit for Bunions.
- It is also available n wider widths if needed.
- The work boot has a composite safety toe and a lug TPU outsole that is slip, oil, and abrasion-resistant.
- The Uppers are genuine leather with a waterproof lining.
- Furthermore, it has anti-fatigue technology support and cushioning.
- The Gravity Defyer is a comfortable and roomy work boot that we chose, especially for the ladies.
- It offers Wider width options and a few more color selections.
- The work boot is lightweight and breathable with a waterproof membrane.
- The rubber outsole ensures good traction and slip resistance.
- There is also VeroShock cushioning and shock reducing technology in the sole for support and comfort.
- The Timberland PRO Titan is the ideal work boot for Bunions in ladies.
- It has a PowerFit comfort system which is a more ergonomic design for crucial support and cushioning.
- The work boots are Waterproof for your protection and have a slip-resistant outsole.
- It is genuine and durable leather and well constructed.
- The Workshire from Skechers is also a top choice in women’s work boots for Bunions.
- It offers a comfortable and roomy fit and availability in wider widths.
- The work boot is leather with a rubber outsole that offers lug traction.
- It is electrical hazard safe and has a steel toe.
- There is a gel-infused cushioning footbed for support and comfort.
Index Table: Top Rated Work Boots for Bunions
|1||Danner Men's Quarry Distressed - Bunions Work Boots||Danner||98|
|2||Caterpillar Men's Diagnostic - Best Work Boots for Bunions||Caterpillar||97.9|
|3||Timberland PRO Men's Boondock - Bunion Relief Work Boots||Timberland PRO||97.7|
|4||Gravity Defyer Women's G-Defy - Best Work Boots for Bunions||Gravity Defyer||96.5|
|5||Timberland PRO Women's Titan - Bunion Relief Work Boots||Timberland PRO||97.5|
|6||Skechers Women's Workshire - Best Work Boots for Bunions||Skechers||97.5|
Table of Contents
- How Your Work Boots can Cause Bunions?
- Benefits of the Best Work Boots for Bunions
- Features of a Good Work Boot for Bunions
- Reviews: The Best Work Boots for Bunions
- Danner® Men's Quarry Distressed Bunions Work Boots
- Caterpillar® Men's Diagnostic Best Work Boots for Bunions
- Timberland PRO® Men's Boondock Bunion Relief Work Boots
- Gravity Defyer® Women's G-Defy Best Work Boots for Bunions
- Timberland PRO® Women's Titan Bunion Relief Work Boots
- Skechers® Women's Workshire Best Work Boots for Bunions
- Index Table: Top Rated Work Boots for Bunions