Extra wide work boots are an excellent investment for anyone who works in the construction industry. They can provide additional support and protection, which means you’ll be much safer working around heavy machinery or hazardous materials.
In our article, we will concentrate on full safety work boots with all the safety and comfort features that any good work boots needs, along with the availability of wider widths and a generally wider, more roomy fit.
These types of boots have been known to save lives! There’s nothing better than that feeling of knowing you’re safe from harm while doing your job. If that sounds good to you, check out our selection today!
Table of Contents
- Why Do You Need an Extra Wide Work Boot?
- How a Wider Fit Work Boot Will Help?
- Features of a Good Extra Wide Work Boots
- Reviews: The Best Extra Wide Work Boots
- Ariat® Men's Sierra Best Wide Work Boots
- Carhartt® Men's 6 Inch Extra Wide Width Work Boots
- Bates® Men's GX-8 Extra Wide Work Boots
- Ariat® Men's Turbo Best Work Boots for Wide Feet
- Wolverine® Men's Overpass Composite Toe Extra Wide Width Work Boot
- Wolverine® Men's Extra Wide Work Boots
- Carhartt® Men's CMF6366 Composite Toe Wide Width Work Boot
- Dr. Martens® Men's Ironbridge Extra Wide Work Boot
- Dr. Martens® Men's Icon Steel Toe Extra Wide Work Boots
- Keen Utility® Men's Milwaukee Wide Fit Work Boot
- Index Table: Top Rated Extra Wide Work Boots
Why Do You Need an Extra Wide Work Boot?
Wearing a narrow work boot that squeezes your feet and toes is not just uncomfortable but can cause the following issues;
- Corns and Calluses – Tight-fitting shoes and boots cuase pressure that may lead to painful stinging corns and callouses.
- Bunions – A narrow toe box will cause pressure against the bone of your big toe that can lead to a Bunion.
- Ingrown Toenails – Narrow-fitting shoes are more likely to cause ingrown toenails.
- Hammertoes and Crossover Toes – Narrow-fit work boots will squeeze your toes to the point where they will cross over or become deformed to hammertoes.
How a Wider Fit Work Boot Will Help?
Wearing a wider fit work boot will first have much more toe room to splay out your toes easily, and there will be no pressure that may cause bunions and other issues.
The Wider fit will not squeeze and affect your circulation, so your feet will feel more energized and will not be tired and painful at the end of the day.
Features of a Good Extra Wide Work Boots
- Uppers – Leather, Nylon, or Rubber are good choices in uppers for a work boot. Goodyear Welt, welt, or cement construction methods are the most durable.
- Safety Features – Safety features include waterproofing, abrasion, slip, oil, and chemical resistance in the sole and waterproofing in the uppers. Electrical hazard-safe materials protect against electrical shock, and a safety toe such as steel, composite, or alloy protects you against falling objects.
- Comfort Features – Comfort features include a cushioned insole, arch and heel support, and a shock-absorbing EVA or foam midsole.
- The Outsole – Rubber is ideal for the outsole with a lug tread for slip resistance. A Wedge design outsole is also ideal.
- Fit – Look for a general wide fitting design or an extra wide width when you select a size option.
Reviews: The Best Extra Wide Work Boots
In this list, we offer you a variety of heavy-duty and light work boots for all work environments that are all available in extra wide widths options or have a wider fit design. But before you view our list, please note that this page includes affiliate links.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The Ariat Sierra is a square-toe western-style work boot with wider widths and wider toe boxes.
- A stunning western-style boot with a much wider fit and wide toe in general and availability in wide and extra width fit options.
- There are a few color options available and different width options.
- The uppers are genuine leather with embroidered details.
- The square design toe is also quite wide.
- The safety toe is electrical hazard safe and ASTM-rated safe.
- The uppers offer a 10-inch height.
The Carhartt Waterproof Workboot is available in Extra Wide widths and is an electrical hazard safety standard compliance.
- A comfortable wedge sole boot with availability in extra comprehensive width options as needed.
- There are two colors that you can choose from.
- The sole has a wedge design and very durable rubber with slip and oil resistance.
- The uppers are genuine leather, and there is an electrical hazard-safe soft toe.
- Inside is a cushioned comfort and support insole.
The Bates GX-8 is a tactical work boot with wide, extra-wide, and extended-size options.
- A comfortable tactical boot is available in wide and extra-wide widths.
- There are likewise more colors to choose from.
- The closure is a YKK side zipper for easy on and off.
- The uppers are leather and nylon and very lightweight.
- The sole is a slip and oil-resistant rubber.
- Inside is a comfortable cushioned midsole and insole of EVA foam.
The Ariat Turbo is a waterproof work boot with a protective carbon toe available in wide and extra-wide width options.
- A high-top work boot with waterproof Pro construction and full-grain flexible leather uppers.
- A protective carbon toe with a round and roomy toe box is visible.
- There is ATS technology for stability, comfort, and a cushioned insole.
- The outsole is oil and slip-resistant, and the boot is similarly electrical hazard safe.
The Wolverine Workboot has wide and extra-wide options and a comfortable, removable Ortholite insole.
- The Overpass has a protective Composite toe and is electrical hazard safe.
- The leather upper s ate water-resistant with an abrasion-resistant toe.
- There is a removable Ortholite cushioned footbed for all-day comfort and support,
- The durable rubber outsole is oil and slip-resistant on most surfaces.
The Wolverine Moc Toe work boot is ideal for roofing work and comes in wide and extra-wide fit options from which you can select.
- A genuine leather work boot from full-grain quality leather.
- The Crepe wedge design sole is more comfortable and ideal for flat and hard surfaces.
- Wedge soles will not track dirt everywhere.
- The collar is padded for a comfortable fit, and there is a roomy moc toe.
- They are also available in extra wide-fit options.
Everything you need in a work boot and larger sizes and wider width options is what you get in the Carhartt CMF6366 model work boot.
- The boots have a composite toe for protection and are electrical hazard safe.
- There are wide and extra wide width options available.
- The uppers are durable leather with cement construction.
- The rubber sole is shock absorbing and offers excellent slip resistance.
This Dr. Martens Ironbridge model is their Extra Wide Width option in a heavy-duty steel toe work boot.
- The Iron Bride Extra Wide’s are designed specifically with an extra-wide fit.
- As you can see, there are two available color selections for you.
- They have leather uppers that are water-resistant and tumbled.
- The steel toe cap is ideal for industrial environments, and the rubber sole is slip and oil-resistant.
- They are also electrical hazard safe and ASTM compliant.
The Dr. Martens Icon work boot is a steel-toe heavy-duty industrial boot with larger sizes and width options.
- A heavy-duty western-style pull-on work boot.
- They are available in wide and extra-wide width options and in three colors.
- The uppers are fabric and synthetic, with tumbled waterproof leather,
- An air-cushioned PVC sole has an EVA footbed and padded ankle support.
- The boot is an electrical hazard safe and ASTM complaint.
The Keen Milwaukee offers a wider fit and is available in wider width options to select from.
- This is a wide-fit design work boot available in two color options.
- The uppers are waterproof full-grain leather.
- The sole is a slip-resistant rubber with a lug tread.
- There is also a steel protective toe.
Index Table: Top Rated Extra Wide Work Boots
|1||Ariat Men's Sierra - Best Wide Work Boots||Ariat||97.8|
|2||Carhartt Men's 6 Inch - Extra Wide Width Work Boots||Carhartt||96.9|
|3||Bates Men's GX-8 - Extra Wide Work Boots||Bates||97.5|
|4||Ariat Men's Turbo - Best Work Boots for Wide Feet||Ariat||98.3|
|5||Wolverine Men's Overpass - Composite Toe Extra Wide Width Work Boot||Wolverine||97.9|
|6||Wolverine Men's - Extra Wide Work Boots||Wolverine||97|
|7||Carhartt Men's CMF6366 - Composite Toe Wide Width Work Boot||Carhartt||97.7|
|8||Dr. Martens Men's Ironbridge - Extra Wide Work Boot||Dr. Martens||97|
|9||Dr. Martens Men's Icon - Steel Toe Extra Wide Work Boots||Dr. Martens||97.3|
|10||Keen Utility Men's Milwaukee - Wide Fit Work Boot||Keen Utility||97.2|