If you are looking for a pair of Ankle Support Work Boots that will also keep your ankles safe and stable from moving up and down at work, then you have come to the right place.
In this article, we will be looking at the best work boots for ankle support to reduce ankle pain and the risk of ankle injuries.
Ankle Pain from Work Boots
Work boots that do not support your ankles and other factors can cause ankle pain and issue;
- Achilles Tendonitis – When your feet are involved in heavy work for long hours while wearing your work boots, you can suffer an overuse injury to the Achilles tendons called Achilles tendonitis.
- Injuries – Working in fast-paced environments on slippery floors and surfaces increase your risk of falls and twisted ankles, which can result in pain and injuries to your ankles. When you wear a safety work boot with a slip-resistant outsole, you are protected from slips and falls.
- Uncomfortable Work Boots – Work Boots that are not the right size, shape, or design can reduce comfort levels and cause pain and discomfort in your feet and ankles. Pressure on your feet and an improper fit can also affect your ankles.
How to Stop Work Boots from Causing Ankle Pain?
There are few ways in which you can prevent your work boots from hurting your ankles or from causing ankle injuries;
- 1. Choose your work boots in a proper size that will not slip but fit snugly around the ankle.
- 2. Choose a work boost that has a padded collar or longer-length ankle for better support.
- 3. Insoles or orthotics can provide good arch support and cushion, which in turn will also protect your ankles against hard impacts.
- 4. Use double-layered socks or ankle inserts to protect your ankles from friction that may cause blisters and chafing.
- 5. Apply heat to stiff and uncomfortable boots to get them worn in faster and before use.
Features of a Good Ankle Support Work Boots
- Comfort Features – Comfort is a priority in a work boot for ankle support, Look for a work boot with cushioning in the insole and the midsole for shock absorbency. A moisture-wicking lining will keep your feet dry and eliminate sweat. A padded collar is ideal for ankle support. Support features such as arch support and light stability features also help stabilize your ankles and reduce excessive pressure on your feet and ankles.
- Weight – Keep in mind the more features your work boot has, the heavier it can become. A steel toe and steel shank, along with other features, can make for a very heavy work boot. A heavy work boot will place quite a bit of strain on your ankles.
- Design – A work boot that covers the ankle or that has padded ankle support is ideal. Do not opt for low-cut work boots that do not support your ankles. A six-inch shaft or longer works but will offer sufficient stability and protection for your ankles in general.
- Safety Features – Your work boot will still have to have safety features for your work environment and occupation. A composite or alloy safety toe is much more lightweight, as well as a fiberglass shank. Look for a slip-resistant rubber outsole. Some work boots are also electrical hazard safe and offer heat and chemical resistance.
Reviews: The Best Ankle Support Work Boots
Here are our top choices in work boots that are ideal for ankle support and comfort. Please note that this page includes affiliate links.
- The Caterpillar Diagnostic is a waterproof and steel safety toe work boot that offers good ankle support.
- The work boot is the perfect shaft height to support your ankle and offers a snug and comfortable fit.
- Its uppers are leather, and there is a slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- The work boot has 200g of Thinsulate insulation to keep your feet warm, as well as an EVA foam insert o absorb shock and provide cushioning.
- The Titan from Timberland PRO has a size-inch height for optimal ankle protection.
- The work boot features an ergonomic PowerFit design and good cushioning.
- It is durable with cement construction, leather uppers, and a heat, oil, and slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- It also features a protective safety toe.
- The Skechers Workshire is a relaxed fit workboot that is ideal for ankle support.
- The work boot has a shock-absorbing midsole, memory foam cushioning, and a comfortable padded collar.
- There is a Nitrile lug rubber oil and slip-resistant outsole, and genuine leather uppers.
- The boot is electrical hazard safe and has a steel safety toe.
- The DR. Martens work boot is also a favorite work boot for construction work and ankle support.
- It has leather uppers with a comfortable padded collar and an internal steel toe cap for protection.
- There is a waterproof waxy layer on the leather uppers, and the rubber outsole is ASTM-rated slip-resistant.
- Inside, the cushioning and foam midsole offers shock absorbency to reduce strain and impact on your ankles.
- You can likewise choose from two available colors.
- The Timberland PRO Endurance has some excellent ankle support features.
- It has leather uppers and a slip and abrasion-resistant rubber outsole and toe cap.
- There is a flexible and puncture-resistant steel underfoot plate and steel toe for safety.
- The work boot is waterproof and very durable, so ideal to use in work environments where you need waterproof protection and a work boot that can withstand some wear and tear.
- From Wolverine, we have an ankle support work boot for the ladies.
- The work boot has a nylon shank for stability and a cement attached sole.
- The nylon shank provides stability that will help to parent ankle injuries and to twist when you are on uneven surfaces, and it also protects your feet from punctures when there are sharp objects.
- The length is ideal for ankle support, and there is an EVA midsole for shock absorbency.
- For comfort, there is a mesh interior lining and a cushioned removable footbed.
- It is electrical hazard safe and has a slip-resistant rubber outsole.
Index Table: Top Rated Ankle Support Work Boots
|1||Caterpillar Men's Diagnostic - Ankle Support Work Boots||Caterpillar||98.3|
|2||Timberland Men's Titan 6” - Best Ankle Support Work Boots||Timberland||98|
|3||Skechers Men's Workshire - Work Boots for Ankle Support||Skechers||97.6|
|4||Dr. Martens Men's Construction - Best Boots for Ankle Support||Dr. Martens||96.8|
|5||Timberland Men's PRO Endurance - Best Ankle Support Work Boots||Timberland||97|
|6||Wolverine Women's Harrison - Steel Toe Ankle Support Work Boots||Wolverine||96|
Table of Contents
- Ankle Pain from Work Boots
- How to Stop Work Boots from Causing Ankle Pain?
- Features of a Good Ankle Support Work Boots
- Reviews: The Best Ankle Support Work Boots
- Caterpillar® Men's Diagnostic Ankle Support Work Boots
- Timberland® Men's Titan 6” Best Ankle Support Work Boots
- Skechers® Men's Workshire Work Boots for Ankle Support
- Dr. Martens® Men's Construction Best Boots for Ankle Support
- Timberland® Men's PRO Endurance Best Ankle Support Work Boots
- Wolverine® Women's Harrison Steel Toe Ankle Support Work Boots
- Index Table: Top Rated Ankle Support Work Boots