Work boots offer the primary function of protecting your feet against work hazards, and they are also designed to be much more durable.
Most work boots do not offer much comfort and support features, making it difficult when you have issues such as back pain.
You wear your work boots for most of your day, so you will need the best work boots for back pain to get through the day.
Do the Best Work Boots for Back Pain Work?
Back pain can interfere with your work performance and, if severe, can be quite debilitating. Have you ever thought that your work boots could be the secret reason behind your back pain?
Here is why;
- Improperly Fitting Work Boots – Many of us ignore this issue. The wrong size or fitting work boots can cause strain on your thighs and can be led to back pain. Not to mention other issues such as blisters, chafing, bunions, and pressure pain.
- High Heel Work Boots – Higher-heeled work boots such as some cowboy-style work boots put extra strain on your back muscles, causing back pain.
- Pointed Toe Work Boots – Work boots with a narrow or pointed toe may crowd your foot and place stress on your muscles which in turn can lead to back pain. Stress on your muscles multiplies to cause stress in your spine, which ends up in back pain.
- No Support or Cushioning – When you walk or stand on hard floor surfaces with no cushioning in the soles of your work boots, all that impact on your feet place pressure and causes stress on your muscles that may also lead to back pain.
Work Boots to Avoid and to Use with Back Pain
Here are a few examples of work boots to use and to avoid when you have back pain;
- Avoid Work Boots with High Heels – Try to avoid cowboy style work boots and logger style work boots that have a higher heel and opt for work boots that have a solid and more uniform sole.
- Avoid Work Boots with a Narrow Toe – Also, avoid work boots with a narrow or pointy toe and cowboy boot designs that can crowd your toes and place pressure and stress on your muscles. Always look for a comfortable forefoot fit in which you can easily splay out your toes.
- Opt for Work Boots with Cushioned Insoles – Work boots with a cushioned or supportive insole provide underfoot comfort and shock absorbency that reduces back pain and muscle pain.
- Look for Orthopaedic Style or Support Feature Work Boots – Orthopedic or supportive work boots are an excellent choice for back pain as they offer a proper support system, fit, and alignment that will most definitely be the most advantageous for back pain.
- Opt for Work Boots with a Thicker Sole – Work Boots with a thicker sole provide better shock absorbency for hard impacts and are also much more durable in turn.
Features of the Best Work Boots for Back Pain
- Safety Features – Most safety work boots need safety features to provide protection in your specific work environment. These may include a slip and, or oil-resistant rubber outsole, a steel, alloy, or composite toe, electrical hazard safe materials, waterproofing, and chemical resistant materials.
- Materials – Most work boots consist of durable genuine leather with a textile lining and a durable rubber sole. Synthetic leather may also be used along with a synthetic sole.
- Comfort and Support – For comfort, you can look at a cushioned insole and an EVA or foam midsole to absorb shock. Good arch support and additional stability and support features are also ideal for helping prevent back pain.
- High Traction Outsole – A lug rubber outsole provides good traction and grip for slip resistance on a variety of floor surfaces.
Reviews: The Best Work Boots for Back Pain
These are some of the top brand’s ad models of work boots ideal for back pain. Also, please note that this page includes affiliate links.
- The Danner Vicious work boots are durable and ideal for back pain.
- They have genuine leather uppers and a durable slip-resistant sole.
- There is a TPU shank in the midsole, a shock-absorbing EVA midsole, and a cushioned insole for support and comfort.
- The Gore-Tex lining also provides excellent breathable waterproofing.
- For the ladies, we have the Skechers Workshire work boots available in three colors.
- They have leather uppers and are electrical hazard safe.
- The work boots offer a relaxed fit with a gel-infused memory foam cushioned footbed for comfort.
- The outsole is a durable slip and oil-resistant rubber.
- The Caterpillar Second shift work boots for back pain are steel toe safety boots.
- They are leather with an ASTM-rated steel toe and durable slip-resistant rubber sole.
- For your back pain, they have arch support and cushioned anti-microbial insole.
- There is also a moisture-wicking mesh lining and a few more colors available.
- The Timberland Pro Resistor is a leather and textile work boot.
- There is a lightweight polyurethane midsole for flexibility and cushioning and Tri-Density outsole and midsole for underfoot cushioning and durability.
- The top collar is padded for comfort and support.
- They are also available in more colors.
- The Skechers Holdredge Rebem Workboot is ideal for back pain.
- They are genuine leather with a slip-resistant rubber sole.
- The toe is an ASTM-rated steel safety toe, ideal in a work environment with heavy falling object hazards.
- For comfort, there is a memory foam insole and a shock-absorbing midsole.
- The Carhartt work boots have comfort features ideal for back pain.
- They are leather work boots with a soft toe, which do not offer much protection against heavy falling objects but are more comfortable on foot, and more lightweight.
- Inside is an EVA midsole with a Strobel PU pad for support and a padded collar.
- A durable slip, oil, and chemical-resistant rubber outsole are ideal if you need this type of protection from your work boots.
Index Table: Top Rated Work Boots for Back Pain
|1||Danner Men's Viscious - Back Pain Work NMT Boot||Danner||98.7|
|2||Skechers Women's Workshire Peril - Best Work Boots for Lower Back Pain||Skechers||98.4|
|3||Caterpillar Men's Second Shift - Best Work Boots for Back Pain||Caterpillar||97|
|4||Timberland Pro Men's Resistor - Best Boots for Back Pain||Timberland Pro||97.7|
|5||Skechers Men's Holdredge Rebem - Best Work Boots for Back Pain||Skechers||96.9|
|6||Carhartt Men's CMF - Work Boots for Back Pain||Carhartt||96.5|
Table of Contents
- Do the Best Work Boots for Back Pain Work?
- Work Boots to Avoid and to Use with Back Pain
- Features of the Best Work Boots for Back Pain
- Reviews: The Best Work Boots for Back Pain
- Danner® Men's Viscious Back Pain Work NMT Boot
- Skechers® Women's Workshire Peril Best Work Boots for Lower Back Pain
- Caterpillar® Men's Second Shift Best Work Boots for Back Pain
- Timberland Pro® Men's Resistor Best Boots for Back Pain
- Skechers® Men's Holdredge Rebem Best Work Boots for Back Pain
- Carhartt® Men's CMF Work Boots for Back Pain
- Index Table: Top Rated Work Boots for Back Pain