Work boots are designed to offer high protection in hazardous work environments, as well as to be very durable.
Except for diabetic Orthopedic style work boots that are not usually as durable or protective, you do not have many options for feet affected by these conditions.
As a rule for Diabetes, you need a work boot with no pressure points or hard parts inside that can cause friction, along with good cushioning and underfoot protection, and of course, the safety features needed by your work environment, such as a safety toe, and waterproof protection.
However, the best Wolverine work boots for diabetes are excellent work boots models chosen for their specific features to provide comfort and support for the condition, as well as protection and durability in an industrial work environment.
Wolverine Work Boots in a Nutshell
Wolverine started as a very small company in Michigan under the leadership of G.A Krause that owned a tannery with a few employees.
They soon created some of the best available leather gloves and work boots in the new factory and thrived.
One of their much sought-after work boot models was the 1000 Mile, which was enjoyed for its soft and supple horsehide leather construction and extreme durability.
Still, Wolverine is a top work boot brand with many more work boot models to its name.
They pride themselves in these three characteristics that you will find in their work boots;
- Comfort – Wolverine work boots are one of the most comfortable in comparison to other work boots because of the soft and supple leather they use and their cushioning and comfort systems inside the work boots.
- Purpose Built – There are different designs and options in work boots, each built for a specific purpose or work environment. All Wolverines’ work boots are designed for more industrial work environments and are tailored to fit your feet and your needs.
- Endurance – If anything, Wolverine work boots are extremely durable. They have reached this goal by using exceptionally high-quality materials and construction methods such as Goodyear Welt.
How Diabetes Affects Your Feet
Foot problems are generally not more common in people that suffer from conditions such as diabetes.
Over time diabetes can cause nerve damage referred to as peripheral neuropathy, which can cause pain, numbness, tingling, and other issues with your feet and hands.
Diabetes also lowers the amount of blood flow to your feet, making it hard for sores and infections to heal and may cause some swelling.
Gangrene and foot ulcers are conditions common to people with diabetes as they do to heal as well as persons who do not have diabetes.
Though it is rare, nerve damage in your feet caused by diabetes may change the shape of your feet, as seen with Charco’s foot.
How does Wolverine Work Boots Help?
Wolverine work boots offer a much safer and more comfortable fit with a smooth lining that will not cause friction or irritation to the feet. Their work boots have a roomy toe box for less pressure on your feet and comfort systems such as cushioning and a removable insole, should you need to use an orthotic of your own.
Features of a Good Wolverine Work Boot for Diabetics
- Uppers – Wolverine work boots have genuine leather uppers that are soft and supple, from full-grain leather, they are usually unlined for better breathability and less friction. Some models do, however, come with a moisture-managing mesh lining.
- Comfort and Support Features – For comfort, Wolverine work boots come with a fully cushioned insole normally removable and a shock-absorbing midsole. The Fatigue-fighting EPX footbed cushions and flexes with your foot for more comfort when moving around
- Safety Features – Safety features include a steel or composite toe for toe protection. Electrical hazard-safe materials or waterproofing are also some safety features, along with a nylon shank for puncture resistance and slip and oil-resistant outsoles.
- Outsole – Wolverine have traditional outsole or the popular wedge and crepe outsole. The outsole is usually rubber with a slip and oil-resistant tread.
- Options – Most Wolverine work boots are available in wider-width options, especially the ones we have chosen today. You also get some color variations as well as more sizes available.
Reviews: The Best Wolverine Work Boots for Diabetics
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- The Wolverine Overpass is a Composite toe work boot that is ideal for diabetic feet.
- The composite toe is protective but much more lightweight than a steel toe work boot.
- There is a removable Ortholite cushioned footbed for comfort and a shock-absorbing midsole.
- The leather uppers are water-resistant and have a textile lining for your comfort that will reduce friction against your feet.
- The durable rubber outsole is oil, water, slip, abrasion, and chemical resistant for fuller protection.
- Because the work boot is a Composite toe, it is also electrical hazard safe.
- The Wolverine Loader has a longer 8-inch shaft and a softer wedge sole.
- The work boot features a highly protective steel toe, genuine full-grain leather uppers, Goodyear Welt construction, and no lining.
- The collar is padded for comfort, and there is a full cushioned removable footbed.
- The Sole is a Pu wedge design with a rubber tread for optimal slip resistance.
- The Wolverine DuraShocks are well known for their excellent shock-absorbing capabilities to protect your feet.
- A removable DuraShocks dual-density PU footbed and a High abrasion TPU rubber outsole with similar technology.
- The uppers are leather with Goodyear Welt construction, and there is a CarbonMax composite safety toe that is electrical hazard safe.
- The work boot offers a more roomy and comfortable fit in general.
- The Wolverine Floorhand is a more basic model that is quite popular and ideal for diabetic feet.
- The uppers are waterproof full-grain leather, and there is lightweight cement construction.
- The work boot has a soft toe for less hazardous work environments and a slip-resistant rubber sole.
- This is a much more comfortable and lightweight work boot with a cushioned insole.
- This is an easy wellington style pull-on work boot from Wolverine.
- It has a longer leather shaft and uppers not lined for breathability.
- The footbed has full removable cushioning and a nylon shank for stability and underfoot protection.
- This is a light, but very durable everyday wear work boot.
- For the ladies, I have also chosen the lightweight Floorhand from Wolverine.
- The fit of the work boot and the lightweight design is ideal for diabetic feet and other foot conditions.
- The uppers are full-grain leather and fully waterproof, with two colors available.
- There is a comfortable cushioned insole and a durable slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- However, this model offers steel toe protection against heavy falling objects for ladies.
Index Table: Top Rated Wolverine Work Boots for Diabetes
|1||Wolverine Men's Overpass - Work Boot for Diabetics||Wolverine||98.3|
|2||Wolverine Men's Loader - Work Boot for Diabetic Feet||Wolverine||98|
|3||Wolverine Men's Durashocks - Wellington Wedge Work Boot for Diabetes||Wolverine||97|
|4||Wolverine Men's Floorhand - Diabetes Work Boot||Wolverine||96.9|
|5||Wolverine Men's Wellington - Wellington Work Boot for Neuropathy||Wolverine||97|
|6||Wolverine Women's Floorhand - Work Boot for Diabetes||Wolverine||96.5|
Table of Contents
- Wolverine Work Boots in a Nutshell
- How Diabetes Affects Your Feet
- Features of a Good Wolverine Work Boot for Diabetics
- Reviews: The Best Wolverine Work Boots for Diabetics
- Wolverine® Men's Overpass Work Boot for Diabetics
- Wolverine® Men's Loader Work Boot for Diabetic Feet
- Wolverine® Men's Durashocks Wellington Wedge Work Boot for Diabetes
- Wolverine® Men's Floorhand Diabetes Work Boot
- Wolverine® Men's Wellington Wellington Work Boot for Neuropathy
- Wolverine® Women's Floorhand Work Boot for Diabetes
- Index Table: Top Rated Wolverine Work Boots for Diabetes