The two primary features of the best work boots for high arches are safety and comfort first. Though durability is also a factor, your safety and the comfort of your feet are always the most important.
A High arch is not the most common type of work boot, but it becomes easier when you look at the needed features for this arch type.
This article considers all the work boots’ safety, comfort, and durability features with arch support. Read on!
How a High Arch May Affect You?
The curved area between your heel and the ball of your foot is called the arch of your feet, and if this area is higher or even lower than normal, it may cause problems with your feet and mobility.
A higher than normal arch can lead to occasional pain and discomfort and more severely permanent structural changes.
There are a few issues related to High Arched feet;
- Plantar Fasciitis – People with High Arches are prone to this condition, which refers to inflammation occurring in the tissues connecting your heel to your toe, supporting the arches. The pain is felt in the heel and may also occur in the entire area along the foot’s arch.
- Foot and Ankle Instability – A high arch causes your heels to tilt towards the middle of your body. This tilt leads to ankle and foot instability, which can cause pain and increase your risk of ankle strains and sprains.
- Hammer Toes – Hammer Toe refers to a deformity of the second, third or fourth toe, where they bend in the middle joint and become rigid and stiff with time. This condition can be quite painful and more likely to occur in those with a higher arch type.
- Metatarsalgia – High arches are the most common cause of Metatarsalgia. This problem occurs when the balls of your feet become inflamed because of excess impact and strain on them. You may feel a burning sensation, aching, pain, or numbness in the balls of your feet. Metatarsalgia, if not treated, can later affect your back and your hips, as well as mobility.
How Work Boots for High Arches Can Help You?
The proper work boots for high arches can help relieve pain and prevent further damage to your feet and knees.
Besides considering your footwear’s safety features for your work environment and industry standards, you need to find a work boot that fits comfortably.
For a high arch, the main aim of the work boot is to provide additional arch support, good underfoot cushioning, particularly in the heel and forefoot area, as well as a slightly elevated heel to reduce pressure on your arches.
If you look for these features, you should be outstanding and your feet well supported.
One more thing to remember is never to wear work boots that are too flexible and flimsy for a person with high arches.
Features of a Good Work Boot for High Arch Support
- Uppers – Leather, Nylon, and Cordura all make for very durable uppers in a work boot. A mesh or textile interior lining provides good moisture wicking capabilities.
- Midsole and Insole – Cushioning insole, especially a contoured or ergonomic design insole or footbed, provides good arch support and comfort higher arch type. In addition, a foam or EVA midsole ensures excellent shock absorbency.
- Safety features – The main safety features include waterproofing and abrasion resistance, along with electrical hazard safe construction, as well as an oil and slip-resistant outsole. In addition, steel, composite, or alloy safety toe protects heavy falling objects and compression hazards.
- Outsole – Rubber or TPR materials for the outsole is ideal, along with a lug tread for slip resistance.
Reviews: The Best Work Boots For High Arches
These are our top choices for the best available work boots for persons with a High Arch type. Also, we would like to inform you that this page includes affiliate links.
The Carhartt Bison is the ideal work boot model for persons who have a high arch type.
- The Uppers are leather with a moisture-wicking textile interior lining.
- For support, you have a Molded TPU counter and Achilles flex joint technology for stability, along with PU cushioning pads and a PU Strobel pad for comfort.
- Both boots have oil, slip, and chemical-resistant rubber outsoles.
- A waterproof membrane ensures that your feet are kept dry and protected.
The Keen Utility Cincinnati work boot is a full safety boot with a comfortable cushioned insole for high arch support.
- The Wedge sole design is ideal for working on hard and flat surfaces and will not track dirt.
- The uppers are genuine leather and have a textile lining.
- The rubber outsole offers excellent oil and slip resistance and is quite durable,
- The uppers are fully waterproof and breathable.
- There are a comfortable cushioned insole and PU midsole.
The Keen Utility Detroit XT has all the comfort and support features you need for a high arch and safety characteristics.
- It is a tough and durable work boot for construction and industrial work.
- The uppers are genuine leather as well as have an electrical hazard safe construction.
- There are a durable and slip-resistant rubber outsole and steel toe for protection and safety.
- A contoured heel lock design provides stability, and there is contoured underfoot protection and support.
- Inside is a removable metatomical PU cushioned footbed.
The Merrell Moab 2 Mid is a hiking boot with comfortable cushioning and is ideal as a work boot.
- This one is more of a hiking boot with outstanding features for outdoor work.
- The uppers are breathable leather and mesh with a waterproof membrane to keep you dry.
- The sole is a Vibram TC5+ design rubber for durability and grip.
- For comfort, there is an EVA contoured cushioned footbed and moisture-wicking lining.
- A rubber toe cap also protects you against stubs and abrasions.
The Danner Steel Yard is a durable waterproof work boot with a comfortable design to support a high arch type.
- The Upper is a very durable and lightweight leather with a wider and more roomy toe box.
- The work boot has a Danner Dry Waterproof lining for protection and a Steel Safety Toe.
- There is a Steel Yard outsole for better stability and support with a lug rubber that is slip-resistant.
- The work boot is electrical hazard safe and ASTM rated.
- It has a Comfort System Platform that is ideal for high arches.
The Ariat ranch Work Boots offer excellent high arch support and have an easy pull-on design.
- The Uppers are genuine leather with a smooth and comfortable fabric lining.
- High arch support has four layers of cushioning in the footbed that offers support and comfort.
- The wide square is roomier and more comfortable for your toes.
- This one is a pull-on design work boot that offers fully waterproof protection.
- The rubber outsole is highly durable and slip-resistant.
The Columbia Newton Ridge is a hiking boot with advanced technology to support high arches that can be used as a work boot, in turn.
- The Advanced technology lightweight support midsole and superior cushioning offer high energy return and better support for a high arch type.
- The work boots are genuine leather with adjustable lace-up features.
- There is an Omni-Grip slip-resistant, durable rubber outsole with a dual-winter tread pattern for slip resistance on snowy and icy surfaces.
- The boots are fully waterproof and offer good insulation in cold weather conditions.
The Skechers Workshire work boot is durable, safe, and offers excellent support and comfort for a high arch type.
- These are two comfortable and supportive work boot models from Skechers.
- Skechers’ work boots feature a Memory foam plush cushioning insole, and the Peril model also has a gel-infused memory foam insole.
- Both boots are leather with a relaxed fit design.
- A rubber outsole provides excellent slip and oil resistance.
The Timberland PRO Boondock is a waterproof work boot with cushioning and light stability features ideal for high arches and persons who tend to overpronate.
- The Uppers are 100% genuine leather and there is a protective toe bumper, and similarly, a composite safety toe.
- The workboots are fully reinforced and seam-sealed waterproof for full protection.
- There is likewise a lug high traction oil and slip-resistant, rubber outsole.
- The Anti-fatigue comfort system fully supports your feet and arches, as well as provides shock-absorbing cushioning.
The Lugz Drifter has plush memory foam to cushion higher arches and a durable waterproof design.
- The classic leather work boot is available in more color options.
- The uppers are synthetic with a padded tongue and collar for your comfort.
- For support there, it has Flexastride flexible memory foam cushioned insole and a supportive midsole.
- The TPR outsole has a lug design and is very slip-resistant.
Index Table: Top Rated Work Boots for High Arch Support
|1||Carhartt Men's Bison - Comfortable High Arch Support Work Boots||Carhartt||97|
|2||Keen Utility Men's Cincinnati 6 Inch - High Arch Support Work Boots||Keen Utility||97.9|
|3||Keen Utility Men's Detroit XT - Best Work Boots For High Arches||Keen Utility||97.6|
|4||Merrell Women's Moab 2 Mid - Best Work Boots for High Arches||Merrell||97.9|
|5||Danner Men's Steel Yard - Best Boots for High Arch||Danner||97|
|6||Ariat Men's Hybrid Rancher - High Arch Boots for Ranch Work||Ariat||97.2|
|7||Columbia Women's Newton Ridge - Best Work Boots with Arche Support||Columbia||96.8|
|8||Skechers Workshire Men's Condor - High Arch Work Boots||Skechers Workshire||96.9|
|9||Timberland PRO Men's Boondock - High Arch Support Work Boots||Timberland PRO||97.3|
|10||Lugz Women's Drifter - Best Work Boots For High Arches||Lugz||97.2|
Table of Contents
- How a High Arch May Affect You?
- How Work Boots for High Arches Can Help You?
- Features of a Good Work Boot for High Arch Support
- Reviews: The Best Work Boots For High Arches
- Carhartt® Men's Bison Comfortable High Arch Support Work Boots
- Keen Utility® Men's Cincinnati 6 Inch High Arch Support Work Boots
- Keen Utility® Men's Detroit XT Best Work Boots For High Arches
- Merrell® Women's Moab 2 Mid Best Work Boots for High Arches
- Danner® Men's Steel Yard Best Boots for High Arch
- Ariat® Men's Hybrid Rancher High Arch Boots for Ranch Work
- Columbia® Women's Newton Ridge Best Work Boots with Arche Support
- Skechers Workshire® Men's Condor High Arch Work Boots
- Timberland PRO® Men's Boondock High Arch Support Work Boots
- Lugz® Women's Drifter Best Work Boots For High Arches
- Index Table: Top Rated Work Boots for High Arch Support